Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched the Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy during the Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave held in Indore on 13 May 2022 via video conferencing.
He also launched the Madhya Pradesh Startup portal, which will facilitate and help promote the startup ecosystem. He also interacted with the startup entrepreneurs.
The Madhya Pradesh Startup Conclave witnessed participation of various pillars of the startup ecosystem including policy makers from government and private sector, innovators, entrepreneurs, academicians, investors, mentors and other stakeholders.
Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy: Key Points
- In the new startup policy of MP, special attention has been paid to the development of the start-up ecosystem. To meet this objective, a number of provisions have been included such as assistance in investment, program planning, lease rental, extension and patents to start-ups and incubators.
- The new policy will provide additional 20 percent support to women-led start-ups and to create enthusiasm for innovation and start-ups among school and college-level students via special programs.
- Under the new policy, start-ups would get subsidies towards the rent and salaries of employees. If a start-up is working from a rented place, Rs 5,000 per month will be paid for rent. It will also get Rs 5,000 per month per head for a salary of up to 25 employees.
- Along with various types of discounts to start-ups, a special incentive assistance of Rs 1 crore will also be given to selected start-ups and innovators.
The policy focuses on following 5 pillars to achieve the objective:
- Institutional Support including Ease of Doing Business
- Promotion of production-based startups
- Fostering Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Marketing support
- Financial and non-financial assistance
» In order to give effect to the start-up policy, Madhya Pradesh Venture Finance Limited and Madhya Pradesh Venture Finance Trustee Limited have been merged with Madhya Pradesh Laghu Udyog Nigam to form an exclusive venture capital for funding support to start-ups in future.
Winners of AIM-ICDK 2.0 win big at NGWA Global Multi-hub finals
⇒ The virtual ‘Next Generation Water Action (NGWA) Global Multi-hub finals was held on 12 May 2022 at NITI Aayog premises.
Amongst the five Indian student teams that participated, two teams won the following awards-
- IWA world water Congress Scholarship- Team Hydrogravitricity
- Acceleration Scholarship Award of 1000 Euros – Team BARCO
» The winners of the challenges will also represent India at the International Water Congress 2022.
- The Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog was the challenge partner from India.
- The event happened simultaneously in 5 countries – Mexico, India, South Korea, Kenya and Denmark.
- In order to select the students for the NGWA finals, Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog had launched the AIM-ICDK 2.0 Water Innovation Challenge in partnership with Innovation Center Denmark (ICDK), Embassy of Denmark and Denmark Technical University (DTU).
- This event is a part of the greater Indo-Danish Bilateral Green strategic partnership.
- The AIM-ICDK 2.0 water innovation challenge was rolled out under the year-old ambitious partnership of AIM, NITI Aayog and Innovation Center Denmark (ICDK) under the aegis of Embassy of Denmark.
- The initiative aims to identify innovative & next-gen solutions to solve proposed challenges in collaboration with corporate and public partners.
Intersolar Europe 2022
⇒ Union Minister of State for Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Shri Bhagwant Khuba attended the Intersolar Europe 2022 held at Munich, Germany.
- The event was organized by the Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF) from 11th May to 13th May 2022.
The Union Minister delivered key note address at the investment promotion event “India’s Solar Energy Market” on 12th May 2022 in Munich.
In his keynote address the minister said:
- As Hon’ble PM Modiji’s ambitious Panchamrit targets set during COP-26 India is all set to achieve net zero by 2070 and install 500GW of non-fossil by 2030.
- India is committed to increase domestic Manufacturing of high efficiency Solar PV modules for which total budget outlay of Rs.24,000 Cr is made.
- Further to promote green hydrogen economy India has estimated outlay of Rs.25,425 Cr.
- The Green Hydrogen Mission has expected outcome of generating 4.1 million Tonnes of annual Green Hydrogen production.
» During the event, India garners benefits such as technology transfer in the field of solar, investments in solar manufacturing by international investors, investment from KfW development bank, and knowledge sharing pacts with Europe.
The event was attended by more than 20,000 people including ministers and secretaries from various nations. CEOs from major multinational companies of the Renewable Energy sector represented the event.
- Intersolar is the world’s leading exhibition series for the solar industry and its partners.
- It unites people and companies from around the world with the aim of increasing the share of solar power in our energy supply.
- With more than 30 years of experience, Intersolar has the unique ability to bring together members of the solar industry from across the world’s most influential markets.
- Intersolar exhibitions and conferences are held in Munich, São Paulo, Long Beach, Gandhinagar, Dubai and Mexico City.
- These global events are complemented by the Intersolar Summits, which take place in emerging and growing markets worldwide.
Royal Gold Medal 2022
⇒ Acclaimed architect Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi has been conferred the prestigious Royal Gold Medal 2022.
- The Royal Gold Medal is one of the world’s highest honours for architecture, by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), London, United Kingdom.
- Given in recognition of a lifetime’s work, the Royal Gold Medal is approved personally by Queen Elizabeth II. It is given to people who have had a significant influence on the advancement of architecture.
About B. V. Doshi:
- Born in Pune in 1927, Doshi studied at the JJ School of Architecture, Bombay.
- B V Doshi is the only one from India and to have been awarded both the Royal Gold Medal and the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
- In 2018, he won the Pritzker Architecture Prize, often referred to as the Nobel Prize of architecture.
- He has also been awarded Padma Shri in 1976 and the Padma Bhushan in 2020.
- Some of his projects include Shreyas Comprehensive School Campus Ahmedabad, The Institute of Indology Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, Kanoria Centre for Arts Ahmedabad, and Amdavad ni Gufa etc.
BRICS High Level Meeting on Climate Change
⇒ Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav participated in the BRICS High Level Meeting held virtually on May 13, 2022.
- The BRICS High Level Meeting was chaired by Mr. Huang Runqiu, Minister of Ecology and Environment of the People’s Republic of China.
The meeting was attended by Environment Ministers of BRICS nations including China, Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa.
Speaking at the BRICS high-level meeting on Climate Change, the minister highlighted the relevance of the forum to jointly address climate change, to explore approaches to accelerate low-carbon and resilient transition, and to achieve sustainable recovery and development.
» BRICS Environment Ministers expressed commitment to strengthen collaboration on climate change, and broaden and deepen the contents of cooperation.
» Further, the countries agreed to carry out policy exchanges and cooperation in areas of environment and climate change.