- Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora announced the poll schedule for the 243 member Bihar assembly elections on September 25th, 2020.
The Elections will be held in three phases – first on October 28, second on November 3 and the third on November 7, while counting of all votes will take place on November 10.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the “हर गांव में ऑप्टिकल फाइबर द्वारा इंटरनेट सुविधा” project on 21st September, 2020.
This is to connecting all 45,945 villages of Bihar on Optical Fibre for providing high-speed internet & it will enable digital revolution to reach the farthest corner of the State. This project will lead digital services like e-Education, e-Agriculture, Tele-Medicine, Tele-law and other social security schemes to be easily available to all citizens of Bihar.
- In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers Sub Lieutenant Kumudini Tyagi and Sub Lieutenant Riti Singh have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream.
Both are a part of a group of 17 officers of the Indian Navy & who were awarded “Wings” on graduating as “Observers” at a ceremony held on 21 Sep 20 at INS Garuda, Kochi.
- IRDAI has identified Life Insurance Corporation of India, General Insurance Corporation of India and The New India Assurance Co Ltd as domestic systemically important insurers (D-SIIs) for 2020-21. IRDAI said, D-SIIs will also be subjected to enhanced regulatory supervision.
Domestic Systemically Important Insurers (D-SIIs) refer to insurers of such size, market importance and domestic and global inter connectedness whose distress or failure would cause a significant dislocation in the domestic financial system. Therefore, the continued functioning of D-SIIs is critical for the uninterrupted availability of insurance services to the national economy.
- Bayern Munich wins UEFA Super Cup & completed a quadruple under Coach Hansi Flick. Bayern Munich beat Sevilla 2-1 after extra time on September 24th, 2020.
- Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu of the Indian football team won the 2019-20 AIFF Men’s Footballer of the Year Award. List of Winners of 2019-20 AIFF Awards
- The trailblazing newspaper editor, British-American journalist Sir Harold Evans died on September 23rd, 2020. He was 92. He was investigative journalist, magazine founder, book publisher & Author in his 70-year career.
- Legendary Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passed away in Chennai due to coronavirus complications on 25th September, 2020. He was 74.