Scheme of Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA):
- The Government has proposed a scheme of Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA) to enable the textile industry to become globally competitive, attract large investments, boost employment generation and exports.
MITRA will be launched in addition to the Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI).
It aims at making textile industry:
- Globally Competitive
- Attract Large Investment
- Boost Employment Generation & Exports
- To create a world class infrastructure with plug and play facilities to enable create global champions in exports
- 7 Textile Parks will be established over 3 years
Appointment of Vice Chief of the Army Staff:
- Lieutenant General Chandi Prasad Mohanty, PVSM, AVSM, SM, VSM took over as Vice-Chief of the Army Staff on 1 February 2021.
Lieutenant General CP Mohanty has assumed this responsibility upon the retirement of Lieutenant General SK Saini.
- The Army Dental Corps celebrated its 80th Raising Day on February 01, 2021. The Corps was raised on this day in 1941.
8th Edition of India International Silk Fair:
- Union Minister for Women & Child Development and Textiles, Smt Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the 8th edition of India International Silk Fair on 31 January 2021. The fair is considered to be India’s biggest silk fair, which was held virtually from 31st January to 4th February 2021.
India International Silk Fair is the Sourcing Fair for silk and silk blend products has been organised by the Indian Silk Export Promotion Council under the aegis of Ministry of Textiles, and sponsored by Department of Commerce.
India is the only country in the world which produces all the four major varieties of silk i.e. Mulberry, Eri, Tassar, and Muga.
India has around 11 Geographical Indications (GI) such as Pochampally Ikat,Chanderpaul Silk, Mysore Silk, Kanchipuram Silk, Muga Silk, Salem Silk, Arni Silk,Champa Silk, Bhagalpur Silk, Banaras Brocade and Sarees etc.
ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon 2021:
- The ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon 2021, a joint Hackathon between India and Asian countries, is an initiative taken by Ministry of Education on the clarion call of Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi. The ASEAN India Hackathon was organized online from 1st to 3rd February 2021.
Hackathon provided a unique opportunity to India and ASEAN countries to solve their common identified challenges under two broad themes of “Blue Economy” and “Education” and thereby provide an opportunity to forward their economic and cultural ties through collaboration in education, science and technology.
Hackathon was on the themes of Environment, Education, Smart cities & Campuses (involving energy, transportation, security), Blue Economy, Agriculture, Tourism, & Healthcare & Biomedical Devices.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries are Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Cinematographer & Director PS Nivas passed away in Calicut, Kerala on 1 February 2021.
He is known for his work in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi cinema. He was recipient of National Film Award for Best Cinematography for Malayalam film Mohiniyaattam in 1976.