TRIFED's Two Interesting Competition
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Ltd (TRIFED), Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India has launched two interesting competitions, ‘Be the Brand Ambassador of Tribes India’ and ‘Be a Friend of TRIBES INDIA’ Contest in association with ‘MyGov.in’.
These competitions have been launched with the sole objective of promoting tribal craft, culture and lifestyle. Through these innovative contests, awareness about tribal heritage, arts, crafts can be enhanced among the general public.
40th anniversary of AGE-CARE India, & "Most Eminent Senior Citizen" Award
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare addressed the 40th anniversary of AGE-CARE India and the Elders Day celebrations at the ‘India International Centre’, on o4 April 2021.
Union Minister also conferred the “Most Eminent Senior Citizen” award to two Senior Citizens:
- Prof. (Dr.) J. S. Guleria, Padma Shree Awardee and Senior Consultant, Medicine at Sita Ram Bhartia Institute & Professor Emeritus, National Science Academy
- Dr. G. P. Seth, Senior Consultant, Internal Medicine
"Sankalp se Siddhi” - Village & Digital Connect Drive
- TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched “Sankalp se Siddhi” – Village & Digital Connect Drive. It has been started on April 1, 2021, this 100 day drive will entail 150 teams (10 in each region from TRIFED and State Implementation Agencies/Mentoring Agencies/Partners) visiting ten villages each. 100 villages in each region and 1500 villages in the country will be covered in the next 100 days.
The main aim of this drive is to activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in these villages.
New Mission Director for Atal Innovation Mission
- Acclaimed socio-technologist Dr Chintan Vaishnav has been appointed as the new Mission Director for Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
AIM is a flagship initiative of the Government of India under the auspices of NITI Aayog, to create and promote a vibrant ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
Mango variety that bears fruits round the Year
- Shrikishan Suman (55 years), a farmer from Kota, Rajasthan, has developed an innovative mango variety which is a regular and round-the-year dwarf variety of mango called Sadabahar. This variety of mango is free from most major diseases and common mango disorders.
This new variety has been also recognized by National Innovation Foundation (NIF), India. NIF is an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Plantation at Mughal Garden:
NIF has also facilitated the plantation of Sadabahar mango variety in the Mughal Garden at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi.
For this evergreen variety developed, Shrikishan Suman was conferred the NIF’s 9th National Grassroots Innovation and Traditional Knowledge Award.
Consultation Meeting of Education Ministers of E9 Countries
- Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre attended consultation meeting of Education Ministers of E9 countries on ‘E9 initiative: Scaling up digital learning to accelerate progress towards SDG4’. The consultation meeting was the first of a three-phased process, took place on 6 April 2021.
It discussed the co-creation of the Digital Learning initiative by the nine countries. This Consultation highlighted progress, shared lessons and explored opportunities for collaboration and scale-up to expand digital learning and skills.
The initiative aims to accelerate recovery and advance the Sustainable Development Goal 4 agenda by driving rapid change in education systems in three of the 2020 Global Education Meeting priorities:
- Support to teachers
- Investment in skills
- Narrowing of the digital divide
E9 countries are Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria and Pakistan.
President of Gita Press, Radheshyam Khemka
- The president of Gita Press, Radheshyam Khemka, passed away in Varanasi. He was 87.
Radheshyam Khemka took Sanatan literature to the masses. Khemka was the editor of the prominent ‘Kalyan’ magazine printed at the press for 38 years.
Former Union Environment Minister Digvijaysinh Zala
- Former Union Environment Minister Digvijaysinh Zala has been passed away. He was 88.
He was an MLA from Wankaner, Gujarat as an independent candidate for the year 1962-67 and as a member of the Swatantra Party from 1967-71.
He became a Member of Parliament from Surendranagar for two terms from 1979 to 1989 as a member of the Congress Party.
After the establishment of the Environment Ministry during the tenure of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, he became the first Environment Minister of India from 1982 to 1984.