Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) Annual Flagship Event 2022
⇒ The Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) Annual Flagship Event 2022 was held on 14 September 2022 at Hotel The Imperial, Janpath, New Delhi. The event was the biggest event of Telecom industry of year 2022.
The Minister for Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Railways, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw was the Chief Guest and the Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan was the Guest of Honour.
The theme for the Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) Annual Flagship Event 2022 was “Gati Shakti vision for 5G & Beyond”.
- The event’s theme was fully in line with PM Modi’s Gati Shakti National Master Plan which has helped country’s telecom infrastructure to be more stable.
The topics discussed by the delegates included “RoW & Policy On Street Furniture, Synergising Robust Digital Infrastructure With Smart Cities, Infrastructure – 4.0 Frontier For Digital Transformation and Integrated Infrastructure Development: Financial Opportunities.”
- Panels included experts from the private and public sectors who shared their perspective about the impact of 5G in everyone’s live and country’s growth.
DIPA acknowledged the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) as the supporting partner of DIPA’s Annual Flagship Event 2022, Communications Today as the Media Partner, TowerXchange as the Community Partner and EY as the Knowledge Partner of the event.
During the event, EY-DIPA White paper titled ‘GatiShakti — paving the way for an accelerated digital infrastructure rollout in India’ was also unveiled.
- The paper focuses on the fact that the advent of 5G is going to be a game changer for India and is likely to have a profound impact on the socio-economic fabric.
- DIPA is an apex industry body of digital infrastructure providers.
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (Erstwhile Tower and Infrastructure Providers Association) was constituted in 2010 as an industry representative body registered under the Indian Society Registration Act, 1860.
- Digital Infrastructure Providers Association (DIPA) represents the India’s digital infrastructure industry that develop, build, own and operate the nation’s wireless infrastructure.
- The association is dedicated to interact, discuss and deliberate with Indian Government Ministries, Policy Makers, Regulators, Financial institutions, and technical bodies etc. for the knowledge collection & dissemination for promotion of healthy growth in telecom services.
- DIPA is also engaged with other industry association such as CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, COAI, ISPAI, etc with the objective of presenting an industry consensus view to the Government on critical issues related to the growth and development of Digital Infrastructure Industry.
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi met with His Majesty the King of Bhutan
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi met with His Majesty the King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck in New Delhi on 14 September 2022.
Both the dignitaries have discussed the various ideas to further strengthen the close and unique India-Bhutan friendship.
Shri Modi has also conveyed his appreciation for the guiding vision provided by successive Druk Gyalpos in shaping relations between India and Bhutan.
» During his meeting with PM Modi, Wangchuck ratified the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement. Following the signing of agreement, the Bhutanese ambassador to India Maj Gen Vetsop Namgyel handed the instrument of ratification to Secretary ER Dammu Ravi.
» The monarch also met foreign secretary Vinay Kwatra and later met National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
» Diplomatic relations between both nations were established in 1968. Both nations enjoy very close relations. In 2021, Bhutan conferred PM Modi with its highest civilian award the Order of the Druk Gyalpo (Order of the Dragon King) in December 2021.
Whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’
⇒ Minister for Jal Shakti Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Minister Ms Lea Wermelin, Minister of Environment, Denmark and Minister Mr Flemming Møller Mortensen, Minister of Development Co-operation, Denmark along with the Indian Delegation launched a Whitepaper on ‘Urban Wastewater Scenario in India’.
- It was launched on September 12, 2022 at International Water Association (IWA) World Water Congress & Exhibition 2022 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
A government of India interdisciplinary team was formed with partners from Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, Ministry of Jal Shakti and National Mission for Clean Ganga, international agency Innovation Centre Denmark and academia Indian Institute of Technology Bombay to develop a whitepaper on urban wastewater management.
Considering all stakeholders’ concerns for wastewater management, this whitepaper holistically captures the current status of wastewater treatment in India and potential pathways for future treatment structures, co-creation and collaborations was collectively produced.
Curated by experts from AIM-NITI Aayog, ICDK, NCMG and IIT Bombay:
- The whitepaper further highlights some success stories, need for wastewater treatment, scope for improvement and augmentation in existing infrastructure and technologies, methods for public participatory approach, financing and co-financing options, smart technologies for rapid data collection and dissemination and building capacity via training and stakeholder apex bodies for increasing the efficiency of urban wastewater treatment for India.
» This whitepaper is an outcome of Green Strategic Partnership with a focus on green hydrogen, renewable energy and wastewater management between India and Denmark and their bilateral ties.
» Next Generation Water Action (NGWA) is an international initiative with the ambition to engage young talents from leading universities and innovation hubs before, during and after the IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition 2022.
ICC Player of the Month for August 2022
⇒ Zimbabwe’s Sikandar Raza and Australia’s Tahlia McGrath have been voted the ICC Player of the Month for August 2022.
Sikandar Raza of Zimbabwe and Tahlia McGrath of Australia were honored following their outstanding international performances during August. Raza became the first Zimbabwean international to win the ICC Men’s Player of the Month award.
- ICC Men’s Player of the Month, August 2022: Sikandar Raza
- ICC Women’s Player of the Month, August 2022: Tahlia McGrath
Former Indian tennis player and Davis Cup captain, Naresh Kumar
⇒ Former Indian tennis player and Davis Cup captain Naresh Kumar passed away on 14 September 2022 in Kolkata. He was 93.
Naresh Kumar rose to prominence in 1949. He made his debut for India in the Davis Cup in 1952 and was a mainstay of the team.
Naresh Kumar was the non-playing captain of the Indian Davis Cup team in 1990, when Leander Paes made his debut in the tournament. He was a mentor to Olympic medallist Leander Paes and several others.
Naresh Kumar was conferred with the Dronacharya Lifetime Achievement award by the Indian government in 2020, becoming the first tennis coach to receive the honour.