The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, transferred prize money of Rs 44.70 crore to the winning Panchayats of National Panchayat Awards 2022 given in various categories on National Panchayati Raj Day for their achievements.
- The Prime Minister directly transfer total amount of Rs.44.70 crore as prize money ranging from Rs.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh to the bank account of 322 awardee Panchayats across 31 States/UTs in the country.
- The PM transferred the amount from the venue of National Panchayati Raj Day 2022 celebrations at Palli Gram Panchayat under Samba District in Jammu and Kashmir.
» Every year, on this occasion, Ministry of Panchayati Raj has been awarding the best performing Panchayats/States/UTs across the country under the Incentivization of Panchayats Scheme in recognition of their good work for improving delivery of services and public goods.
National Panchayat Awards 2022 given under various categories, namely:
This year, for National Panchayat Awards–2022 (Appraisal Year 2020-21), a total of 322 number of awards to Panchayats have been declared under following categories:
1) Child-friendly Gram Panchayat Award:
- To 29 Gram Panchayats (GPs)/ Village Councils (VCs) in 29 States/Union Territories (UTs)
2) Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award:
- To 29 Gram Panchayats (GPs)/ Village Councils (VCs) in 29 States/UTs
3) NanajiDeshmukhRashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar:
- To 27 Gram Panchayats (GPs)/ Village Councils (VCs) in 27 States/UTs
4) DeenDayalUpadhyay Panchayat SashaktikaranPuraskar:
- To 237 Panchayats [(District Panchayats: 28); (Block Panchayats: 53); (Gram Panchayats /Village Councils: 156)] across 29 States/UTs
5) e-Panchayat Puraskar:
The e-Panchayat Puraskar is given only to the States/UTs. The e-Panchayat Puraskar is conferred to those States which have ensured maximum use of information technology for monitoring the works of the Panchayats.
The ranking of the following States that have been adjudged for e-Panchayat Puraskar under both the categories is as follows:
Winning States under Category I:
- 1st Place – Karnataka
- 2nd Place – Chhattisgarh
- 3rd Place – Odisha and Uttar Pradesh
Winning States under Category II:
- 1st Place – Tripura
- 2nd Place – Assam
- 3rd Place – Sikkim