Book titled “Dr Y Nayudamma: Essays, Speeches, Notes & Others”
⇒ The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu released the book titled “Dr Y Nayudamma: Essays, Speeches, Notes & Others” at Swarna Bharat Trust, Atkur, near Vijayawada on 18 April 2022.
The book, released as part of the Birth Centenary of renowned scientist, Dr Yalavarthi Nayudamma, has been compiled and edited by the former Commissioner of Income Tax, Dr. Chandrahas and Dr. K. Seshagiri Rao.
Shri Naidu complimented the authors and publisher of the book and Nayudamma Foundation for Education and Rural Development for their efforts towards perpetuating the vision and philosophy of Dr. Y. Nayudamma.
Sixth Scorpene Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’
⇒ Yard 11880, the sixth and last submarine of the Indian Navy’s Kalvari class submarines of Project 75 has been launched at the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited on 20 April 2022.
The submarine named ‘Vagsheer’ was launched by Mrs Veena Ajay Kumar, in keeping with Naval traditions of launch/ naming by a lady.
- The first of the Project – 75 submarines was commissioned into the Navy in December 2017 and presently four submarines of this Project are in commission in the Indian Navy.
- The fifth submarine is progressing with the Sea Trials and is likely to be delivered this year.
- The sixth submarine will now commence setting to work of various equipment and their harbour trials.
- The crew will thereafter sail the submarine for the rigorous Sea Acceptance Trials after which the submarine would be delivered to the Indian Navy by late next year.
India’s first pure green hydrogen plant
⇒ India’s first pure green hydrogen plant has been commissioned in Jorhat 20 April 2022.
Oil India Limited (OIL) has taken the first significant step towards Green Hydrogen Economy in India with the commissioning of India’s First 99.999% pure Green Hydrogen pilot plant, with an installed capacity of 10 kg per day at its Jorhat Pump Station in Assam.
- The plant produces Green Hydrogen from the electricity generated by the existing 500kW Solar plant using a 100 kW Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) Electrolyser array.
- The use of AEM technology is being used for the first time in India.
Global Ayush Investment & Innovation Summit 2022
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Ayush Investment & Innovation Summit 2022 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 20 April 2022.
- The event was organised in multiple parts from 20-22 April 2022 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
» During the event, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced launch of Ayush Export Promotion Council and four Ayush ICT initiatives which includes Ayush Information Hub, AyuSoft, Ayush Next and Ayush GIS.
» Prime Minister also released a comic book named ‘Professor Ayushman’, which describes how Ayush systems and products helped in fighting not only COVID-19 but other diseases also.
» The Prime Minister gave a Gujarati name ‘Tulsi Bhai’ to Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO).
» On this occasion, the Prime Minister distributed awards to the winners of ‘Ayush Start-up Challenge’ organised by All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in association with Start-up India.
- The three-day Ayush global summit witnessed a dialogue with entrepreneurs, industry, startups and other stakeholders to encourage them to increase investment for innovation in Ayush as the sector continues to showcase colossal room for growth.
- The summit witnessed 5 Plenary sessions, 8 roundtables, 6 workshops, and 2 symposiums, with the presence of around 90 eminent speakers and 100 exhibitors.
- The summit uncovered investment potential, and fostered innovation, research and development, the start-up ecosystem and the wellness industry.
- In just three days, over Rs 9,000 crore letters of intent were issued in the AYUSH sector at the Global AYUSH Investment and Innovation Summit (GAIIS).
- During the summit, more than 70 memorandum of understanding (MoUs) was signed between countries, prestigious research institutes, the farmers groups and industry.
- The first GAIIS saw participation from more than 30 FMCG companies including Amul, Dabur, Kama Ayurveda, Accord, AyurVAID, Natural Remedies, Ambro Pharma and Patanjali.
- The Global Ayush investment and Innovation Summit, 2022 was a distinctive effort by the Government of India to attract the world’s attention to India’s ancient wisdom and traditional knowledge, and capitalize on it to pave the way for a sustainable future.
- The Summit was organized in line with Sustainable Development Goal Number 3 of promoting “Good Health and Well-being.
2022 Asian Wrestling Championships
⇒ The 2022 Asian Wrestling Championships took place in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia from April 19 to 24, 2022. This was the 35th edition of the Seniors Asian Wrestling Championships.
» The Sports Authority of India (SAI) had sanctioned Rs 1.28 Crore for the participation of 30 Wrestlers at Seniors Asian Championship in Mongolia.
India won a total of 17 medals including 1 gold, 5 silver and 11 bronze at the Senior Asian Championship in Mongolia.
- 57kg Category: Ravi Kumar Dahiya
- 65kg Category: Bajrang Punia
- 79kg Category: Gourav Baliyan
- 86kg Category: Deepak Punia
- 70kg Category: Naveen Malik
- 92kg Category: Vicky Chahar
- 97kg Category: Satyawart Kadian
- 57kg Category: Anshu Malik
- 65kg Category: Radhika Jaglan
- 55kg Category: Sushma Shokeen
- 59kg Category: Sarita Mor
- 62kg Category: Manisha Bhanwala
- 55kg Category: Arjun Halakurki
- 63kg Category: Neeraj
- 67kg Category: Sachin Sahrawat
- 82kg Category: Harpreet Singh Sandhu
- 87kg Category: Sunil Kumar