Main Characteristics of Good Teaching
- Based on democratic ideals
- Creates Self-motivation
- Progressive Nature
- Adjust the students with the environment
- Provides Desirable information
- Effective Planning for good teaching
- Focus on Important information
- Good Teaching is sympathetic and directional in Nature
- It includes teacher previous knowledge, Performance and Teaching methods.
- Teacher enhances the potentialities of students and work as philosopher, friend and guide.
Topology having mainly four ingredients
Training ↔ Instruction ↔ Indoctrination ↔ Conditioning
Independent Variable – Teacher
Dependent Variable – Student
Intervening Variable – Curriculum
Teaching Variables have three Functions
- Diagnostic Function- Analysis of Teaching Problems.
- Prescriptive function – Judgmental process between students and teacher for teaching strategies.
- Evaluation Function – This is the Important factor, Realization of the Objective after teaching process.
Training: Main aim of training is behavioural change and typical skill development in students. Training is chain learning process and it includes some example like Reading, writing and spoken.
Conditioning: Teaching element Conditioning aims to behavioural change of student and development of typical habits. Conditioning is single learning process & best example is habit formation in child for daily work.
Instruction: This the cognitive level teaching for imparting knowledge. Main aims of this teaching element is to transmission and development of knowledge & Instruction is multi-discriminating learning process. Development of concept and principles is the best example of instruction element.
Indoctrination: “Affective” is the teaching aspects of indoctrination. This is the reflective level of teaching in higher education. It changes the belief and develops attitude and values. This teaching element mainly internalizing the abstract knowledge.