President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind virtually conferred the 6th Digital India Awards 2020 on 30th December 2020.
National Informatics Centre (NIC) under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) conducted the biennial Digital India Awards (DIA) to promote innovation in eGovernance and digital transformation of government service delivery mechanism.
Earlier, the awards seasons have been held in 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018. Initially, the Awards were known as Web Ratna Awards until 2014. It was re-named Digital India Awards from the 2016 season.
The President of India conferred 24 digital governance initiatives/ products by Government entities under 7 categories received Digital India Awards 2020.
6th Digital India Awards 2020 Winners, Under Seven Categories:
Innovation in Pandemic:
- eSanjeevani – National Telemedicine Service
- COVID-19 Sample Collection Management System
- Aapda Sampoorti Portal
- Pravasi Shramik and Rojgar Setu Portal
Excellence in Digital Governance – MINISTRY / DEPARTMENT (Central):
- eCommittee Supreme Court of India, Department of Justice
- Department of Posts
- Department of Fertilizers
- Department of Land Resources
Excellence in Digital Governance – STATE / UT:
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Excellence in Digital Governance – DISTRICT:
- Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
- Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh
- Kamareddy, Telangana
Open Data Champion:
- Health Sector Data on OGD Platform India
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Port Community System PCS1x – National Maritime Single Window
- ServicePlus – A metadata-based Service Delivery Platform
- Integrated Temple Management System – ITMS
Jury Choice Award: