TiHAN- IIT Hyderabad:
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, virtually laid foundation stone of ‘TiHAN- IIT Hyderabad’- India’s first Test bed for Autonomous Navigation Systems (Terrestrial and Aerial), on December 29, 2020.
The Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Systems for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Remotely Operated Vehicles at IIT Hyderabad, known as ‘TiHAN Foundation‘.
Quantum Random Number Generator:
- DRDO Young Scientist Laboratory for Quantum Technologies (DYSL-QT) has developed a Quantum Random Number Generator (QRNG). The Quantum Random Number Generator detects random quantum events and converts those into a stream of binary digits. The Laboratory has developed a fiber-optic branch path based Quantum Random Number Generator (QRNG).
- Governor Banwarilal Purohit administered the oath of office to Madras High Court Chief Justice designate Sanjib Banerjee at the Raj Bhavan on January 4, 2020. He is the 50th Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
Highest Meteorological Centre in India:
- The Union Minister of Earth Sciences, Science & Technology and Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated Meteorological (Met) Centre at Leh (Ladakh) at an event, in Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi on December 29, 2020.
It is located at a height of 3500 m. The Meteorological Centre Leh will be the highest meteorological centre in India.
It will provide forecast for important tourist places like Nubra, Changthang, Pangong Lake, Zanskar, Kargil, Drass, Dha-Baima (Aryan valley), Khalsi among others.
- The Minister of Earth Sciences, Science & Technology, and Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the web-based application “Digital Ocean (www.do.incois.gov.in)” in New Delhi on December 29, 2020. It has been developed by INCOIS of Ministry of Earth sciences. The Digital Ocean will help expand ‘Blue Economy’.