Chairman of the CII-TN State Council:
- Founder & Executive Chairman of Sri Kauvery Medical Care India, Trichy, S Chandrakumar has been elected as Chairman of the CII Tamil Nadu State Council for the year 2021-22, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has announced on 03 March 2021.
Lifetime Achievement award at the Global Congress of Physicians of Indian Origin:
- Senior Geriatrician V.S. Natarajan has been conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award at the Global Congress of Physicians of Indian Origin through a virtual meeting held on February 27 and 28, 2021.
Appointment of next High Commissioner of India to Australia:
- Shri Manpreet Vohra, a 1988-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Australia. He is presently Ambassador of India to Mexico.
Made in India Low Cost Optical Spectrograph:
- The ‘Made in India’ optical spectrograph named as ‘Aries-Devasthal Faint Object Spectrograph & Camera’ (ADFOSC), indigenously designed and developed by Aryabhatta Research Institute of observational sciences (ARIES), Nainital.
The spectroscope, the largest of its kind among the existing astronomical spectrographs in the country, has been successfully commissioned on the 3.6-m Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT), the largest in the country and in Asia, near Nainital Uttarakhand.
This low-cost optical spectrograph can locate sources of faint light from distant quasars and galaxies in a very young universe, regions around supermassive black-holes around the galaxies, and cosmic explosions.
Honorary Consul of the United Republic of Tanzania in Chennai:
- Krishna N Pimple took over as the Honorary Consul of the United Republic of Tanzania in Chennai, with consular jurisdiction over the southern States.
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021:
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 4 March 2021 addressed at the unveiling of ‘QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021’.
In the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021, 12 Indian Institutions secured position in top 100 of the world. Read More About 11th Edition of the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
World Hearing Day 2021
- World Hearing Day is celebrated on 3rd March each year. This aims to raise awareness on how to prevent Deafness and Hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
World Hearing Day 2021 was celebrated on the theme of “Hearing Care for ALL! Screen, Rehabilitate, Communicate”.
World Hearing Week:
Department of ENT, Command Hospital, Southern Command, Pune celebrated the ‘World Hearing Week’ at ‘SHRAVAN’, from 24 February 2021 to 03 March 2021, to commemorate the World Hearing Day.
SHRAVAN is the only Centre for “Early Intervention & Rehabilitation of Hearing Loss”, for entire Southern Command Zone of Indian Army.
WHO’s World Report on Hearing:
On the World Hearing Day, Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare as Chairman of Executive Board of WHO released WHO’s World Report on Hearing.
The World report on Hearing is structured in four sections:
- Why hearing matters: hearing across the life-course
- Solutions for everyone: hearing loss can be prevented and addressed
- Facing the challenges: improving access to ear and hearing care
- The vision of ear and hearing care: designing the way forward