India’s first indigenous pneumococcal conjugate vaccine:
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated India’s first indigenous pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) to treat pneumonia in children on December 28, 2020. The vaccine would be sold under the name ‘Pneumosil’. It has been developed by Serum Institute of India (SII) in collaboration with other partners like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
15th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020:
- NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) ltd has been conferred “Excellence” in the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Domain. NTPC has been honoured for Commendation for Significant Achievement in the Corporate Excellence Category.
This was the 15th CII-ITC Sustainability Awards 2020 held through the virtual platform.
NTPC wins the CII-ITC Sustainability Awards, in Corporate Excellence category two times i.e. in the year 2019 and 2020.
Coorg Person of the Year, 2020:
- Dr Sanjana Kattera has been selected for the ‘Coorg Person of the Year, 2020’ in a poll conducted by ‘www.coorgtourisminfo.com‘. She is a corona warrior who was part of the Oxford Covid-19 vaccine trial team.
FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) India Sports Awards 2020:
- Air Force Sports Control Board (AFSCB) has been annotated as the winner in the category of “Best Company Promoting Sports (Public Sector) 2020” at FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) India Sports Awards 2020.
Air Force Sports Control Board has been conferred with this prestigious award on December 08, 2020.
Earlier, on 28 August 2020, the Air Force Sports Control Board was also conferred with ‘Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar’ by the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
Mobile Application “Swachhata Abhiyan”:
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot launched a Mobile Application “Swachhata Abhiyan” in New Delhi on December 24, 2020.
This Mobile App has been developed to identify and Geotag the data of Insanitary Latrines and Manual Scavengers.
With its help the Insanitary Latrines can be replaced with Sanitary Latrines and Rehabilitate all the Manual Scavengers to provide dignity of life to them.