- IIT Kharagpur in Partnership with TCS has developed novel Industry 4.0 technology for remotely controlled factory operations and real-time quality correction during industrial production.
The innovative technology was developed by Prof Surjya K Pal, Professor in-charge at the Centre of Excellence in Advanced Manufacturing Technology in association with TCS.
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually launched “Life in Miniature” project on 22nd October, 2020.
“Life in Miniature” project is collaboration between the National Museum, New Delhi, Ministry of Culture, and Google Arts & Culture.
Under “Life in Miniature” project, several hundred miniature paintings from the National Museum, New Delhi can be viewed online by people around the world.
- Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on 29th October 2020 launched the MyGov web portal. This is a platform for citizen engagement for good governance, on the lines of the MgGov portal of the Central government.
Three key projects in Gujarat:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was inaugurated three key projects in Gujarat on 24th October 2020.
These three projects are:
Kisan Suryodaya Yojana: This is to provide day-time power supply for irrigation. Under this scheme, farmers will be able to avail benefits of power supply from 5am to 9pm. Dahod, Patan, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Chhota Udepur, Kheda, Tapi, Valsad, Anand and Gir-Somnath have been included under the Scheme for 2020-21. The remaining districts will be covered in a phase-wise manner by 2022-23.
Paediatric Heart Hospital attached with the U.N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research: Prime Minister was inaugurated pediatric heart hospital attached with the U.N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Center and a mobile application for tele-cardiology at the Ahmedabad Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad. U.N Mehta Institute is now becomes India’s biggest hospital for cardiology. The U.N Mehta Institute of Cardiology is undergoing expansion at the cost of Rs 470 crore.
Girnar Ropeway: Prime Minister was inaugurated the Ropeway at Girnar on 24th October, 2020. Initially, it has 25-30 cabins, with a capacity of 8 people per cabin. Now distance of 2.3 kms will be covered in just 7.5 minutes, travelling by ropeway.
- K K Sharma, an advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, resigned from his post on 30th October, 2020. He has been appointed as the State Election Commissioner.
- 1998 batch IAS officer, Jishnu Baruah has been appointed as the new chief secretary of the Assam government, on 30th October, 2020. He has taken charge as the state’s chief secretary on Oct 31.
- Karnataka Yakshagana Academy will present its ‘annual honorary award’, ‘Yaksha Siri’ and ‘a book award for 2019’, to achievers from Dakshina Kannada on 08th November, 2020. The function will be organised in the Tulu Bhavan at Urwa Stores.
Annual honorary award– Chandrashekar Damle
Yaksha Siri- Ubaradkka Umesh Shetty and Kuriya Ganapathi Shastri
Book award– Gurudeva Prakashana, Odiyoor, and Krishna Prakash Ulithaya
- The Indian Air Force on 30th October 2020 successfully test-fired an air-launched version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi (Su-30 MKI) fighter aircraft in the Bay of Bengal.
- In US-based Science magazine’s annual “Science Careers Top 20 Employers” list Biocon has ranked at No. 5 among global pharma and biotech companies in 2020.
- After 35 years, India has assumed the Chairmanship of the Governing Body of International Labour Organization. Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary (Labour and Employment) has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) for the period October 2020- June 2021. Shri Apurva Chandra belongs to the 1988 batch of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Maharashtra Cadre.