- Union Department of Fertilizers is observing Swachhta Pakhwada from 1st – 15th September 2020.
- Indian Astronomers discover one of the farthest Star galaxies in the universe. Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Dr Jitendra Singh said, India’s first Multi-Wavelength Space Observatory “AstroSat” has detected extreme-UV light from a galaxy located 9.3 billion light–years away from Earth. The galaxy called AUDFs01 was discovered by a team of Astronomers led by Dr Kanak Saha from the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) Pune.
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) has been launched to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for migrant workers returning to villages and similarly affected citizens in rural areas, in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak. The Abhiyaan is taking action on mission mode to provide employment to migrant workers who have returned to their native villages of 6 states namely Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- 27 new integrated cold chain projects have been approved in “Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC) meetings” under the Scheme for Integrated Cold Chain and Value addition infrastructure of Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (PMKSY). The meetings were chaired by Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries. The projects have been approved across the states of Andhra Pradesh (7), Bihar(1), Gujarat(2), Haryana(4), Karnataka(3), Kerala(1), MP(1), Punjab(1), Rajasthan(2), Tamil Nadu(4) and Uttar Pradesh(1).
- On 01 Sept 2020, Shri R. K. Singh, the Minister of State (IC) Power and New Renewable Energy & Minister of State (Skill Development and Entrepreneurship), launched pan-India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) in electricity through video conference in New Delhi. This is a first step towards Greening the Indian short term power Market. The GTAM is first Exclusive product for renewable energy sector in the world. GTAM will benefit buyers of renewable energy through competitive prices and transparent and flexible procurement & sellers will also be benefitted by getting access to Pan India Market.
- Shri Rajiv Kumar assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner (EC) of India on 01 Sep 2020. Shri Rajiv Kumar joins the Election Commission of India with Chief Election Commissioner Shri Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner Shri Sushil Chandra.
- Vice Admiral SR Sarma, AVSM, VSM has assumed charge as the Chief of Materiel, of the Indian Navy on 01 Sep 2020.
Business & Technology:
- Amazon on 31 Aug 2020 received approval from the “Federal Aviation Administration” to operate its fleet of Prime Air delivery drones. The approval will give Amazon broad privileges to “safely and efficiently deliver packages to customers”.
- Google has launched a new mode called the Kids Space on selected android tablets. This kids mode will allow features apps, books and videos which is suitable for kids.