Summit on 'Agriculture and Food Processing Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh'
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Food Processing Industries, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, addressed the summit on the subject of ‘Agriculture and Food Processing Opportunities in Madhya Pradesh’ on 5 March 2021.
The summit was organized by the Ministry of Food Processing, in partnership with ASSOCHAM and Invest India through video conference.
Speaking at the summit Union Minister said Central Government is setting up ten thousand new Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) in the country with an estimated spending of 6865 crore rupees.
12 MT Steel Plant in Kendrapada, Odisha:
- The Steel major Arcelor Mittal-Nippon Steel India and Odisha Government for signing an MoU on 4th March, 2021 for setting up a 12 MT integrated steel plant in Kendrapada district of Odisha with an investment of Rs 50000 crore.
The mission will contribute to achieving National Steel Policy’s envisioned capacity of 300 MTPA by 2030.
‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ and ‘Municipal Performance Index 2020’
- Minister of State (Independent Charge), Housing and Urban Affairs, Shri Hardeep Singh Puri released the final rankings of ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ and the ‘Municipal Performance Index 2020’ on 04 March 2021.
‘Ease of Living Index 2020’
Bengaluru emerged as the top performer in the Million+ category, while in the Less than Million category, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living.
‘Municipal Performance Index 2020’:
Indore has emerged as the highest ranked municipality in the Million+ category, while In the Less than Million category, New Delhi Municipal Council has emerged as the top performer. Read More About ‘Ease of Living Index 2020’ & ‘Municipal Performance Index 2020’
'Maitri Setu' between India and Bangladesh:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh on 9th March 2021 via video conferencing. The ‘Maitri Setu’ bridge is built over the river Feni. The river flows between Indian boundary in Tripura State and Bangladesh.
The bridge has been constructed by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd at a project cost of Rs 133 Crores. The 1.9 Km long bridge joins Sabroom in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh.
After the inauguration, Tripura became the ‘Gateway of North East’ as the distance from Chittagong Port of Bangladesh to Sabroom in India is just 80 kilometers.
Prime Minister also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of multiple infrastructure projects in Tripura during the event.
- Laid the foundation stone for setting up an Integrated Check Post at Sabroom
- Inaugurated 40978 houses constructed under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
- Inaugurated the Integrated Command and Control Centre built under Agartala Smart City Mission
India - Sweden Virtual Summit
- A Virtual Summit was held between Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of the Kingdom of HE Sweden Stefan Löfven, on 05 March 2021.
In the virtual summit, they discussed bilateral issues and other regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest.
Top-20 Global Women of Excellence award for 2020
- Telangana Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan has been conferred with the prestigious Global Women of Excellence award for 2020. She was selected among Top 20 Global Women of Excellence Award 2020.
The international award is given by the Multi Ethnic Advisory Task Force, Illinois.
The award was presented during the 9th Congressional International Women’s Day Gala at Naperville, Illinois, the USA, on 7 March 2021.
Among the 19 other awardees of this year’s awards, US Vice-President Kamala Harris was also included.
Wipro Ltd will acquire Capco:
- Wipro Ltd is to acquire Capco, a British IT consultancy for $1.45 billion. The Wipro-Capco deal is expected to close in June.
- India’s Athletics Coach from Belarus, Nikolai Snesarev passed away at the National Institute of Sports in Patiala on 05 March 2021. He was 72.
India’s middle and long-distance coach first coached Indian athletes in 2005. He was credited for success of many athletes includes Preeja Sreedharan, Kavita Raut, Sudha Singh & Lalitha Babar.
- Vice president of Santhigiri Ashram, ”Swami Paripurna Jnanathapaswi’ died, on March 02, 2021.