- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the “India Climate Change Knowledge Portal” (cckpindia.nic.in) on November 27, 2020.
The portal will be a “single point Information resource”, which include eight major components:
India’s Climate Profile; National Policy Framework; India’s NDC goals; Adaptation Actions; Mitigation Actions; Bilateral and Multilateral Cooperation; International Climate Negotiations; Reports & Publications
- Cyber security firm Kaspersky has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Computer Emergency Response (CERT-In), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, GOI.
This MoU has been signed for collaboration in the area of information security. It aims to creating a safe & secure cyber space in the country.
- BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile in Anti-Ship mode was successfully test fired by Indian Navy, on December 01, 2020. It was test fired against a decommissioned Ship. It is developed by Brahmos Aerospace Private Limited, a joint venture of DRDO and NPOM of Russia.
19th session of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Council of Heads of Government:
- The Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu virtually addressed & chaired the 19th session of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Heads of Government, on November 30, 2020 in New Delhi. It was hosted by India. The SCO Council of Heads of Government, which is held annually with a focus on trade and economic agenda of the organisation.
SCO Online Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage:
During the 19th Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of Government, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu also launched the first ever SCO Online Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage on November 30, 2020. The SCO Online International Exhibition was developed and curated by National Museum, New Delhi, in active collaboration with SCO member countries.
In the Exhibition Buddhist art antiquities from SCO countries on a single platform through state of art technologies such as 3D scanning, webGL platform, virtual space utilization, innovative curation and narration methodology etc was presented.
National Museum (New Delhi), Indian Museum (Kolkata), National Museum of Kazakhstan, Dun Huang Academy (China), National Historical Museum of the Kyrgyz Republic, Museums of Pakistan, State Museum of Oriental Art, Moscow (Russia), National Museum and National Museum of Antiquities, Tajikistan and renowned archaeological sites of Uzbekistan participated in the exhibition.
BAFTA Breakthrough initiative:
- Indian composer AR Rahman has been roped in as ambassador of the BAFTA Breakthrough initiative in India. He is the winner of Oscar and Grammy award. BAFTA Breakthrough initiative is talent hunt initiative, which will enable the academy to identify up to five talents working in film, games, or television in India.
- Microsoft Teams has stop working on Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) from November 30, 2020. Microsoft also announced that Microsoft 365 apps and services will stop supporting Internet Explorer 11 by August 2021.
- Facebook will launch ‘Facebook News‘ in UK. Its news tab feature will be launch in Britain from next year. Facebook will pay publishers for stories delivered through the world’s leading social network.
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi MLA Nomula Narsimhaiah died due to cardiac arrest. He was 64. He was representing Nagarjuna Sagar constituency.