- World Health Organization (WHO) released World Malaria Report (WMR) 2020. It indicates that India has made considerable progress in reducing its malaria burden. India reported a decline of 17.6% in 2019 as compared to 2018.
The Annual Parasitic Incidence (API) reduced by 27.6% in 2018 compared to 2017 and by 18.4% in 2019 as compared to 2018. India has sustained API less than one since year 2012.
- The ‘Ramayan Cruise Service’ on the Saryu River in Ayodhya will be started soon. This will be the first-ever luxury cruise service on the Saryu River (Ghaghra / National Waterway-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
Its aim is to provide a kind of spiritual journey experience to the devotees while visiting through the famous ghats of the holy river Saryu.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India on December 01, 2020 signed a $132.8 million loan to strengthen Meghalaya’s power distribution Sector.
The loan will be used in Meghalaya to strengthen and modernize the distribution network, and to improve the quality of power supplied to households, industries and businesses.
20th Edition of Sri Lanka Economic Summit (SLES) 2020:
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt Nirmala Sitharaman addressed at the inauguration of the 20th Edition of Sri Lanka Economic Summit (SLES) 2020 in virtual mode, on December 01, 2020.
It is annually organized by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce (CCC). It is a premier forum in Sri Lanka for discussion on economic and business issues. This year theme for the event is “Roadmap for Take-off: Driving a People –Centric Economic Revival”.
- Instagram has announced a new feature ‘Live Rooms’ in India. The feature will give facility to users in India to go ‘live’ with up to three other users.
Word of the Year for 2020:
- Merriam-Webster on November 30, 2020 announced its 2020 word of the year. Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Year for 2020 is ‘pandemic’.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities annually observed on 3 December. International Day of Persons with Disabilities aims to promote an understanding of disability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
This year, United Nation’s theme for the ‘International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2020’ is “Building Back Better: toward a disability-inclusive, accessible and sustainable post COVID-19 World”.
Films Division also streamed live four documentary films to mark International Day of Persons with Disabilities. These are: Diler – Arunima Sinha; Inner Voice; Hope in the Darkness; Wings of Desire
- MDH (Mahashian Di Hatti) Owner Dharampal Gulati died due to heart attack on December 3, 2020. He was 97. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan.