Multiple Projects in Himachal Pradesh
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicates to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs 3650 crores in Luhnu, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh on 05 October 2022.
Multiple Projects in Himachal Pradesh
31 km long project for four laning of the National Highway:
» The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of around 31 km long project for four laning of the National Highway from Pinjore to Nalagarh on NH-105, worth over Rs 1690 crore.
- The project road is a major connecting link for the traffic from Ambala, Chandigarh, Panchkula and Solan /Shimla going towards Bilaspur, Mandi and Manali.
- About 18 km stretch of this four-lane national highway falls under Himachal Pradesh and the remaining portion falls in Haryana.
- This highway will ensure better transport facilities in Nalagarh-Baddi, the industrial hub of Himachal Pradesh, and will also give a fillip to further industrial development in the region. It will also boost tourism in the state.
» The Prime Minister dedicated to the nation, AIIMS, Bilaspur.
- The foundation stone of the hospital was also laid by the Prime Minister in October 2017 and is being established under the Central sector scheme Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
- AIIMS Bilaspur, constructed at a cost of more than Rs 1470 crore, is a state-of-the-art hospital with 18 speciality & 17 super speciality departments, 18 modular operation theatres, and 750 beds with 64 ICU beds.
- Spread over 247 acres, the hospital is equipped with 24 hours emergency and dialysis facilities, modern diagnostic machines like ultrasonography, CT scan, MRI etc, Amrit Pharmacy & Jan Aushadhi Kendra and also a 30 bedded AYUSH block.
- The hospital will admit 100 students for MBBS courses and 60 students for nursing courses every year.
Government Hydro Engineering College, Bandla:
» The Prime Minister inaugurated the Government Hydro Engineering College at Bandla.
- Costing about Rs 140 crores, the college will help make available trained manpower for hydropower projects, in which Himachal Pradesh is one of the leading states.
- It will help in upskilling the youth and providing ample job opportunities in the hydropower sector.
Medical Device Park, Nalagarh:
» The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of the Medical Device Park at Nalagarh, which will be built at a cost of about Rs 350 crores.
- MoUs of more than Rs 800 crores have already been signed for setting up industries in this Medical Device Park.
- The project will significantly enhance employment opportunities in the region.
3rd edition of Global Artificial Intelligence Summit & Awards (GAISA)
⇒ Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal addressed the 3rd edition of Global Artificial Intelligence Summit & Awards (GAISA) on 07 October 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
He said that if India truly aspires to be a developed nation by 2047, as articulated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech on 15 August 2022; Artificial Intelligence will help the country reach that destination and bring prosperity to every citizen of this country.
The third AI Summit was organized by AICRA (All India Council for Robotics & Automation).
The third AI Summit focused on the areas of defence, healthcare, agriculture, smartcities, mobility and education in partnership with the government.
- The aim was to develop a roadmap on how to use AI ecosystem and startups for the benefit of society.
» The 3rd Annual conference has set up multidisciplinary groups to break down the silos in which different stakeholders have been working and to find technological solutions for the key sectors of our society.
- GAISA, a global event organized by AICRA, offers a unique global opportunity to explore the diversity of artificial intelligence. The premium platform merges the eminent presence of AI pioneers, industry leaders, Data experts, and AI enthusiasts. It is an internationally renowned summit that provides valuable insights to empower your AI journey.
- AICRA provides a massive opportunity for individuals and business organizations to accelerate the In-depth adoption and implementation of artificial intelligence and highlight their AI skills in front of a worldwide audience.
- GAISA was launched first in 2019 as Vigyan Bhawan New Delhi by AICRA with an objective of discussion and exploring Artificial Intelligence in engrossed sectors.
Task Force for monitoring Cheetah introduction in Kuno National Park
⇒ Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has constituted a Task Force for monitoring Cheetah introduction in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh and other suitable designated areas.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) would facilitate the working of Cheetah Task Force and render all necessary help.
- The Task Force shall be in-force for a period of two years.
- This task force may appoint a subcommittee to regularly visit the Cheetah introduction area as and when decided by them.
- Cheetah restoration is part of a prototype or model for restoration of original cheetah habitats and their biodiversity.
- This will help to stem the degradation and rapid loss of biodiversity. By restoring cheetah, we would also be able to save not only its prey base comprising certain threatened species, but also other endangered species of the grasslands / open forest eco-systems, some of which are on the brink of extinction.
Silver Jubilee celebration of Quality Council of India (QCI)
⇒ The Quality Council of India celebrated its Silver Jubilee on 06 October 2022 at the Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi with a special event intended to share India’s journey of growth, accelerated by the enhancement of quality.
With the motto ‘Gunnwatta se Atmanirbharta’, the event commemorated the efforts made by QCI in its pursuit of delivering quality of services, products, and lives.
- The event comprised of panel discussions on the quality ecosystem being an enabler for ‘Make in India’, achieving India’s growth vision for 2047 through speed, scale, digitalization & quality, and discussion on the ‘Heal in India-Heal by India’ initiative.
- Excellent contributors to India’s quality ecosystem were also recognized through several awards instituted by QCI with its partners.
- The Quality Council of India was set up in 1997.
- QCI was jointly set up by the Government of India and the Indian Industry represented by the three premier industry associations i.e. Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Confederation of Indian Industry and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- Mr Ratan Tata was the first Chairman of Quality Council of India.
- Started in 2007, The QCI D.L Shah award recognizes achievements in refining products & services and improved customer service.
- Over the past 25 years, QCI has created various boards to take over the functions of accreditation and quality promotion.
QCI functions through 5 main accreditation boards:
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
- National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET)
- National Board for Quality Promotion (NBQP)