Book titled "Beyond The Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand"
⇒ Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on 19 July 2022 unveiled a book titled “Beyond The Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand” written by retired senior IAS officer, Aradhana Johri.
- In her book, Johri talks about several shrines in Uttarakhand and outlines their history.
During the event, CM Dhami stated that people will learn about the culture and mythology from the book that is based on the mythical temples of Uttarakhand’s Devabhoomi.
‘Smart e-Beat’ system in Gurugram
⇒ Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the ‘Smart e-Beat’ system in Gurugram on 25 July 2022.
Started on the lines in Karnataka, the CM flagged off 119 motorcycles of the Gurugram police connected with this system.
During the event, the CM said this app-based system has been introduced in Gurugram under the ‘Smart Policing Initiative’ (SPI) and it will help these policemen to mark their attendance, and in monitoring of their rides.
- Till now, the policemen deployed at the beat used to mark their attendance manually and there was no system of their monitoring.
- This is a GIS-based system, which will enable more effective monitoring and the location of the riders can be easily tracked.
- The e-beat system will cover the area of all 33 police station areas located in the urban area of Gurugram.
- As many as 119 motorcycle riders will be deployed and each motorcycle rider will have two policemen.
- This system will be integrated with the Emergency Response Support System in future so that apart from ERV, the rider policemen can also reach for help for the call received on 112.
Indian Knowledge Systems Mela
⇒ Minister of State for Education Shri Subhas Sarkar on 31 July 2022 addressed the valedictory session of Indian Knowledge Systems Mela in New Delhi.
The Indian Knowledge System (IKS) division, an innovative cell under Ministry of Education (MoE) at AICTE, New Delhi celebrated the vast richness of Bharat’s knowledge traditions in the form of an IKS Mela from 29th – 31st July 2022.
- The gala event by the IKS Division and AICTE in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture started on 29th July, to commemorate the successful completion of two eventful years of NEP 2020.
- The focus of the event was to engage deeply with experts on NEP2020 and learn about the different initiatives, policies, and best practices.
- IKS Division announced major initiatives such as IKS-MIC programe for technology demonstration, Launch of Kalashala initiative in 750+ schools to promote and support local arts and Introduction of 75 Bharteeyea games in schools.
The objectives of this Mela were:
1) To present the achievements of NEP2020 after two years of its acceptance highlighting the role of IKS.
2) To make NEP2020 into a movement called BhaSVAn – Bharata Svadhyaya Andolanam for national introspection and self-discovery through the indigenization of education.
3) To make NEP2020 the basis for forging a common Bharatiya identity which will promote excellence, integral growth and the celebration of unity in diversity through the presentation of the skills, arts, sciences and technologies of different regions upholding common values.
4) To serve as a platform that will bring together different Ministries to co-evolve the Bharatiya identity across converging initiatives on the basis of IKS in NEP2020.
About IKS division:
- Established in October 2020, Indian Knowledge System (IKS) is an innovative cell under Ministry of Education (MoE) at AICTE, New Delhi.
- It seeks to promote interdisciplinary research on all aspects of IKS, preserve and disseminate IKS for further research and societal applications, actively engage for spreading the rich heritage of our country and traditional knowledge in the field of Arts and literature, Agriculture, Basic Sciences etc.
Mysore identified as one of the pilot cities by UNIDO
⇒ As part of a project titled ‘Sustainable Cities’ Integrated Approach’, Mysore has been identified as one of the pilot cities by The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO).
- The four other cities which have been selected in the country are Vijayawada, Guntur, Bhopal and Jaipur.
» In Mysuru, some of the best practices of solid waste management have helped the city to push it’s position in the ‘Swachh’ race.
- Mitigation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is among the objectives of the project. GHG emissions are a result of mismanagement of solid wastes. Mysore generates around 400-450 tonnes of solid waste daily and half of it is recycled into compost. Plastic waste accounts for 18 per cent of the total solid waste.
China successfully launches first lab module of its under-construction space station
⇒ China on 24 July 2022 successfully launched the first lab module of its under-construction space station.
- The Long March-5B Y3 carrier rocket, carrying Wentian, blasted off from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site on the coast of the southern island province of Hainan.
» The new module will function both as a backup of the core module and as a powerful scientific experiment platform in the Tiangong space station currently being built by the country.
New Prime Minister of Sri Lanka
⇒ Senior Sri Lankan lawmaker Dinesh Gunawardena was sworn in as the prime minister of Sri Lanka by President Ranil Wickremesinghe on 22 July 2022 along with 17 other cabinet ministers.
Gunawardena, parliamentarian of the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) party, took his oath in the capital Colombo in the presence of other senior legislators.
FIFA Under-17 Womens' Football World Cup 2022
⇒ The Union Cabinet on 14 September 2022 approved the signing of guarantees for hosting FIFA Under-17 Womens’ Football World Cup 2022.
India will host the event from 11th to 30th October, 2022. The Football matches will be played in Navi Mumbai, Goa and Bhubaneswar.
- India hosted the FIFA Under-17 Mens’ Football World Cup in 2017.