Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT:
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched ‘Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT‘ to extend coverage to all residents of Jammu & Kashmir on December 26, 2020 via video conference.
The Prime Minister said getting free treatment up to 5 lakh rupees under this scheme would improve the ease of living.
Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘New Bhaupur- New Khurja section’ of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) on 29th December, 2020. During the event, Prime Minister also inaugurated EDFC’s Operation Control Centre (OCC) at Prayagraj.
The 351 km ‘New Bhaupur- New Khurja’ section of EDFC is situated in Uttar pradesh. It is built at a cost of Rs 5,750 crores.
The Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor is being constructed by Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited. The Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (1856 route km) starts from Sahnewal near Ludhiana (Punjab) and will pass through the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand to terminate at Dankuni in West Bengal.
- On January 3, 2020, Justice Mohammad Rafiq was administered the oath as the 26th Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court by Governor Anandiben Patel.
BCCI 89th Annual General Body Meeting:
- On December 24, 2020 at the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) 89th Annual General Body Meeting in Ahmedabad, the cricket body approved 10-team Indian Premier League tournament starting from 2022 edition.
In other decisions, Brijesh Patel and KM Majumdar were re-elected as members representative to the IPL Governing Council, & Pragyan Ojha as a player representative, was inducted to the IPL Governing Council.
AIIMS at Rajkot:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation Stone of AIIMS at Rajkot, Gujarat on December 31, 2020 via video conferencing. 201 acres of land has been allotted to build AIIMS.
For the project estimated cost is Rs 1195 crore. It is expected to be completed by mid of 2022.