'Divya - Drishti' 2021:
- Indian Army National Seminar-cum-Webinar, ‘Divya-Drishti 2021’ on ‘Multi-Domain Operations: Future of Conflicts’ was organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) on 11 February 2021.
“Divya-Drishti 2021”, meaning divine or cognitive perception required for an informed vision, aimed to bring together national and international experts and practitioners to deliberate on the complex and emerging subject on multi-domain operations (MDO).
India's first-ever Geothermal Field Development Project in Leh:
- A tripartite agreement for establishing India’s first-ever geothermal field development project in Leh has been signed. The pact was signed between Union Territory Administration Ladakh, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC)-Leh and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Energy Centre on the sidelines of the first developmental conclave on 6 February 2021.
Ladakh Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur said the first geothermal project in India is a promising initiative towards innovative and sustainable development of Ladakh and also a step towards achieving the goal of carbon-neutral Ladakh.
India Toy Fair, 2021:
- Government of India is organizing ‘The India Toy Fair, 2021’ from 27th February 2021 to 2nd March 2021 on a virtual platform. The virtual exhibition of ‘The India Toy Fair 2021’ is extended for two days till March 4, 2021.
The toy fair aims to provide an impetus to the underlying themes of “Atmanirbhar Bharat” and “vocal for local” campaigns, launched by the Government to promote indigenous industries.
It also aims to leverage the potential of toys in making learning joyful across all ages in education.
Unani Day 2021:
- Unani Day 2021 was celebrated on 11 February 2021. On the occasion, Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India organized a hybrid virtual National Conference on Unani Medicine.
The conference was on the theme of ‘Unani Medicine: Opportunities and Challenges in times of COVID-19’.
6th International Day of Women and Girls in Science:
- 6th International Day of Women and Girls in Science, on 11 February 2021 was celebrated on the theme of ‘Women Scientists at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19’.
The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is the 11th day of February, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on 22 December 2015. The day recognises the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
The day’s purpose is to promote full and equal access to participation in science for women and girls.
- Former Davis Cup coach and legendary Indian tennis player, Akhtar Ali died on 7 February 2021 in Kolkata. He was 83. He was awarded the Arjuna Award in Lawn Tennis in 2000.