Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor:
- Work is currently underway on the Delhi-Saharanpur-Dehradun Economic Corridor. When the economic corridor will be ready, then the distance between the two cities, Delhi and Dehradun will be reduced from 235 km to 210 km and the journey duration which is 6.5 hours now will be only 2.5 hours.
The entire corridor is designed for driving with a minimum speed of 100 km per hour. This will be the country’s first highway where there will be a 12-kilometer long elevated corridor for protection of wildlife.
The development of this corridor is expected to boost the economy of the region being served by the highway, especially boosting the tourism in Uttarakhand.
India’s first-ever CNG Tractor:
- India’s first-ever diesel Tractor, converted to CNG, was launched by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari on 12 February 2021. The conversion of tractor was carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions & Tomasetto Achille India.
It will help farmers increase their income, by lowering costs, and help to create job opportunities in rural India.
11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
- The Governor of West Bengal Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav in the presence of Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, on 14th February 2021 at Cooch Behar Palace at Cooch Behar in West Bengal.
The eleventh edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was held between 14th to 28th February, 2021 in West Bengal at Cooch Behar (14th to 16th February, 2021), Darjeeling (22nd to 24th February, 2021) and Murshidabad (27th to 28th February, 2021).
First Woman Appointed to Senior Synod Post at Bishop:
- The Pope Francis has appointed a French woman Sister Nathalie Becquart as an undersecretary to the Synod of Bishops for the first time.
World Radio Day 2021:
- 10th edition of World Radio Day was celebrated on 13 February 2021.
This edition of World Radio Day was divided into three main sub-themes:
- Evolution- The world changes, radio evolves.
- Innovation- The world changes, radio adapts and innovate.
- Connection- The world changes, radio connects.
It was proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO, and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day i.e. World Radio Day on February 13.
Third Indian Pacer to Cross 300 Test Wickets:
- Ishant Sharma became only the third Indian fast bowler to take 300 Test wickets after dismissing England batsman Daniel Lawrence, in the test match, at the MA Chidambram Stadium on 8 February 2021.
Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan are the two pacers ahead of him, with 434 and 311 wickets, respectively.