- Shri Arjun Munda, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, launched the virtual edition of “Aadi Mahotsav-Madhya Pradesh” on December 01, 2020. The 10-day long festival was started on December 1, 2020. It is being hosted on the Tribes India website.
The main focus of the mahotsav is on the tribal craft and culture of Madhya Pradesh.
- Municipal bonds valued at Rs 200 crore issued by the Lucknow Municipal Corporation were listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange on December 2, 2020. This bond issue from Lucknow Municipal Corporation is rated ‘AA’ by India Ratings and ‘AA (CE)’ by Brickwork Ratings.
Lucknow has become the 9th city to issue municipal bonds in the country. It has been incentivized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India under the mission AMRUT (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation).
- In a virtual event on November 30, 2020, the U.S. Consulate General in Chennai in cooperation with Care Earth Trust has launched the bilingual digital Water Matters “Museum in a Box”. The digital box being hosted on care earth trust website & it was started on December 1, 2020.
The digital box initiative, which included public exhibitions focused on science and sustainable water management innovation, including installations, information kiosks, and interactive educational experiments.
26th edition of India-Portugal Technology Summit 2020:
- The Department of Science and Technology with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) held the Curtain Raiser to announce the 26th edition of DST–CII Technology Summit 2020 on December 01, 2020. Portugal is the partner country this year.
The 26th edition of India-Portugal Technology Summit 2020 will be held from 7 December to 9 December, 2020, on digital platform.
This year the summit will focus on sectors such as Watertech, Agritech, Healthtech, Energy, Climate change, Cleantech, IT, ICT, Advanced technologies, and Space-Ocean Interactions.
The Summit will establish bilateral research networks, enhance research cooperation, and promote the exchange of knowledge between Indian and Portuguese scientists.
Most common password of the year 2020:
- According to password management service NordPass, in top 200 most common password of the year 2020, ‘123456’ is the most common password of the year 2020.
Top three most common Passwords are: ‘123456’ ranked first, ‘123456789’ ranked second, & ‘picture1’ ranked third.
- Armed Forces Flag Day will be observed all over the country on 07th December 2020. Since 1949, the day is celebrated to honor martyrs as well as men and women serving in uniform. It is an honor for those who bravely fight to protect the country’s borders.
- Administrator of Lakshadweep and former intelligence bureau director Shri Dineshwar Sharma died on December 4, 2020. He was 66. He was an IPS Officer from Kerala Cadre. He Joined the Indian Police Service 1979. He was also appointed as the interlocutor of the Centre for Jammu and Kashmir in 2017.
- The Election of the President of the International Olympic Committee is scheduled in March. International Olympic Committee confirms Thomas Bach is the only candidate for Olympic presidency.