River Ranching Programme
⇒ The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala, launched the River Ranching Programme at Brijghat, Garh Mukteshwar, Uttar Pradesh on 08 October 2021.
At the same time, other 4 states namely, Uttarakhand, Orissa, Tripura and Chhattisgarh also participated nationwide River Ranching program launching.
Total 5 states have participated the National Level River Ranching program launching and a total of 8.85 lakh Fingerlings were ranched.
More than 1060 nos of participation from these 5 states and have made the National Level River Ranching Program a grand success.
About River Ranching Programme:
“River ranching programme” is introduced as special activity under PMMSY scheme for augmenting and enhancing the fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification and productive utilization of land and water.
Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries has designated National Fisheries Development Board, Hyderabad as the Nodal Agency under Central Sector component of PMMSY for implementing River Ranching across the Country.
Doon Drone Mela 2021
⇒ Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia along with the Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, General (Retd) Dr. V. K. Singh flagged off the Doon Drone Mela 2021 on 08 October 2021 at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Shri Scindia flagged off the event with a paragliding demonstration and also interacted with the drone companies exhibiting their prototypes at the Doon Drone Mela.
The day marked the demonstration of the Drone & Aerosports Demonstrations.
- The demonstrations included a paragliding demonstration by the Border Security Force, a Paramotor demonstration by Harsh Sachan, and an agriculture spraying drone demonstration by IoTechWorld Aviation & Dhaksha.
- Furthermore, the event also included an emergency search & response drone demonstration with an indigenously 3D-printed drone by the Drone Application and Research Centre (DARC) & State Disaster Response Force (SDRF).
- It was followed by a brief survey drone demonstration by the Aarav Unmanned Systems (AUS) under the SVAMITVA Scheme along with a training drone demonstration by Sqn Ldr Varsha Kukreti (Retd.).
Cyclonic Storm 'Gulab'
⇒ The Cyclonic Storm ‘Gulab’ (pronounced as Gul-Aab) over northwest and adjoining westcentral Bay of Bengal moved nearly westwards with a speed of 10 kmph on 26 September 2021.
Cyclonic Storm ‘Gulab’ affected coasts of east-southeast of Gopalpur, Odisha and east of Kalingapatnam, Andhra Pradesh with maximum sustained wind speed of 75-85 kmph gusting to 95 kmph.
The name Gulab, suggested by Pakistan, means rose in Urdu/Hindi.
India officially joins the High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People
⇒ India officially joined the High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People on 7 October 2021 at a ceremony held between the French and Indian governments in New Delhi.
High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People is a group of more than 70 countries encouraging the adoption of the global goal to protect 30×30.
- This coalition aims to promote an international agreement to protect at least 30 % the of world’s land and ocean by 2030.
- HAC members currently include a mix of countries in the global north and south; European, Latin American, Africa and Asia countries are among the members.
- India is the first of the BRICS bloc of major emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) to join the HAC.
MoU between Électricité de France S.A. (EDF) and NTPC ltd
⇒ In a significant development for the power sector, Électricité de France S.A. (EDF), and NTPC Ltd signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore potential power project development opportunities in the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa.
» The MoU will bear witness to the cooperation between EDF, France and India’s largest power major NTPC for exploring power project development opportunities around regions of mutual interest like Middle-East, Europe & Africa.
» The two companies will also collaborate for knowledge sharing, R&D, technical services and consultancy assignments globally.
» This MoU supports our roadmap for the development of clean energy projects worldwide.
» EDF and NTPC will jointly explore the possibility of power project development in the countries of mutual interest, as well as exchange knowledge and technical expertise.
- EDF is one of the world’s leading power sector companies headquartered in Paris, France.
- India’s largest energy integrated company, NTPC is ranked as the number 2 Independent Power Producer in Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings.
Ministry of Ayush entered into an agreement with Croatia
⇒ Ministry of Ayush, GoI entered into an agreement with Croatia on 06 October 2021.
Memorandum of Understanding was signed between All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Croatia’s Kvarner Health Tourism Cluster in Zagreb. AIIA is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Ayush.
The MoU with Croatia is a significant step towards bolstering India’s ties with other countries and promoting academic research, clinical and educational activities, medical education, training, and competency building.
The two sides will undertake academic activities in the field of Ayurveda in collaboration with the identified institutions. There will be close cooperation and collaboration on research, including study design and execution, developing evidence-based guidelines for integrating Ayurvedic principles and practices with modern medicine, conducting lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences, and other such activities on Ayurveda.
Both sides will also develop academic standards and courses in accordance with the needs of the institution, end users and stakeholders and develop Ayurvedic medical education guidelines for Ayurveda education in Croatia.
Indian Air Force Day
⇒ Indian Air Force Day is celebrated on October 8 every year.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) also known as ‘Bharatiya Vayu Sena’, was officially established on October 8, 1932, by the British Empire.
The President of India holds the rank of Supreme Commander of the air force.