“Ratle Hydro Electric (HE) Project”:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for the investment of Rs 5281.94 crore for 850 MW “Ratle Hydro Electric Project” located on river Chenab, in Kishtwar district of Union Territory Jammu and Kashmir.
The investment will be made by a new Joint Venture Company (JVC), to be incorporated between National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) and Jammu & Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Ltd (JKSPDC) with equity contribution of 51% and 49% respectively.
First Virtual Expo 2021 in Processed Food Sector:
- Shri Rameswar Teli, MoS, MoFPI on 20 January 2021 inaugurated the First Virtual Expo 2021 for R&D in processed food sector.
Ministry of Food Processing Industries organized the Virtual Expo 2021 for R&D in processed food sector from 20th to 22nd January 2021.
This was for showcasing the outcomes of R&D Projects supported by the Ministry of premier Food Technology Institutions of India.
24th “Hunar Haat”:
- 24th “Hunar Haat” has been organised by the Ministry of Minority Affairs at Avadh Shilpgram, Lucknow (UP) from 22nd January to 04th February, 2021 with the theme of ‘Vocal for Local’.
Artisans and craftsmen from 31 States/UTs of the country were participated.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath was formally inaugurated the “Hunar Haat” on 23rd January, 2021.
In the coming days, “Hunar Haat” will be organised at Mysore, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Indore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Ranchi, Kota, Surat/Ahmedabad, Kochi, Puducherry and other places.
National Mini ‘AADI MAHOTSAV’:
- 10 Days, National Mini ‘AADI MAHOTSAV’ took place between from 20 January to 30 January, 2021 in GPRA Complex, New Moti Bagh, New Delhi.
The Aadi Mahotsav – A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine and Commerce – has been a successful initiative that was commenced in 2017.
5th India-Singapore Defence Ministers Dialogue:
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh co-chaired the 5th India-Singapore Defence Ministers Dialogue along with Dr. Ng Eng Hen, Minister for Defence, Republic of Singapore on 20 January 2021.
At this 5th DMD, both Ministers signed the Implementing Agreement on Submarine Rescue Support and Cooperation between the two Navies.
During the virtual interaction, Both Ministers expressed satisfaction at the growing defence ties between the two countries.
Foundation Day of NDRF:
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrated its 16th Foundation Day on 20 January 2021.
- Ministry of Railways approved the naming of Train No. 12311/12312 Howrah-Kalka Mail as “Netaji Express”.