KISCE in Pune:
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched the Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE) at the Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex at Mhalunge-Balewadi in Pune on 18 January 2021. This is the 9th KISCE formally inaugurated by the Union Minister. The Maharashtra-based sports complex will focus on three Priority Olympic disciplines – Shooting, Athletics and Cycling.
25th edition of ‘International Film Festival of Kerala’:
- The 25th edition of “International Film Festival of Kerala” 2021 will be organised by Kerala State Chalachitra Academy, on behalf of Department of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Kerala.
IFFK will be conducted in four different regions:
Thiruvananthapuram- 10 to 14 February 2021
Kochi- 17 to 21 February 2021
Thalassery- 23 to 27 February 2021
Palakkad- 01 to 05 March 2021
Quantum Computing Applications Lab in India:
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in India, in collaboration with AWS, will establish a Quantum Computing Applications Lab in the country.
This aims to accelerate quantum computing-led research and development and enable new scientific discoveries.
The lab is World’s first quantum computing applications lab on AWS, to support a national government’s mission to drive innovation.
MoU between Indian Oil and NDMC:
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Indian Oil) and North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) on 19 January 2021 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for development of integrated waste-to-energy facilities at NDMC’s landfill site at Ranikhera in Narela, New Delhi.
1st India – EU IPR Dialogue:
- The 1st India – EU IPR dialogue was held on 14th January, 2021. The dialogue was held between the EU Commission and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) through a virtual platform.
The aim of the dialogue was to further strengthen the India-EU relation & facilitate enhanced cooperation in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
23rd January as ‘Parakram Diwas’:
- Government of India has decided to celebrate the 125th Birth Anniversary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in a befitting manner at national and international level.
The year long celebrations to commemorate 125th birth anniversary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose was formally commenced on 23rd January, 2021.
In order to honour and remember Netaji’s indomitable spirit and selfless service to the nation, Government of India has decided to celebrate his birthday on the 23rd day of January every year as “PARAKRAM DIWAS” to inspire people of the country, especially the youth.
Prakash Parb 2021:
- The birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru of Sikhism, is commonly known as Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti or Prakash Parva. The 354th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh ji was celebrated on 20 January 2021.
- Renowned oncologist Dr. V Shanta died on 19 January 2021 in Chennai. She was 93 years old. She was the chairperson of the Adyar Cancer Institute in Chennai. She was conferred with the Padma Shri Award in 1986, Padma Bhushan in 2006 and Padma Vibhushan in 2016. She also received the Ramon Magsaysay Award in 2005.
- Bhuvanesh Boojala has been sworn in as New President of ATA (American Telugu Association) at a meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. ATA is one of the oldest Telugu organisations in the USA.