IBC Best Infrastructure Project award
⇒ The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) Engineering Marvel Atal Tunnel built in Rohtang of Himachal Pradesh received Indian Building Congress (IBC) ‘Best Infrastructure Project’ award on April 28, 2022 in New Delhi.
More than thirty state of the art infrastructures were nominated for the prestigious awards, the strategic tunnel was adjudged by the Jury of IBC as the Best Projects for Excellence in Built Environment in 2021.
The tunnel, built by using the New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM) was dedicated to the Nation by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on October 03, 2020.
Digital India RISC-V Microprocessor (DIR-V) Program
⇒ Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and MoS for Electronics and Information Technology, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar announced Digital India RISC-V Microprocessor (DIR-V) Program.
The program overall aims to enable creation of Microprocessors for the future in India, for the world and achieve industry-grade silicon & Design wins by December’2023.
» Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar mentioned that DIR-V will see partnerships between Startups, Academia & Multinationals, to make India not only a RISC-V Talent Hub for the World but also supplier of RISC-V SoC (System on Chips) for Servers, Mobile devices, Automotive, IoT & Microcontrollers across the globe.
- India announces its ambitious roadmap with Ministry of Electronics and IT planning to join the RISC-V International as Premiere Board Member to collaborate, contribute and advocate India’s expertise with other global RISC-V leaders.
AAI conducts flight trials using GAGAN based 'LPV approach Procedure'
⇒ Airports Authority of India successfully conducted at Kishangarh Airport, Rajasthan light trial using GAGAN (GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation) based LPV Approach Procedures.
The successful trial is a great achievement and major milestone in field of Air Navigation Services (ANS) in the history of Indian Civil Aviation Sector. India is the first country in Asia Pacific Region to achieve such a landmark.
Indigo Airlines using its ATR aircraft has flown an Instrument Approach Procedure (IAP) with LPV minima of 250ft, using GAGAN Service. LPV is a Satellite Based Procedure which has been used by the aircraft for landing purpose at Kishangarh Airport (Rajasthan).
- After the final approval by DGCA, the procedure will be available for usage of commercial flights.
» AAI is making all efforts for ensuring availability, continuity and integrity of Air Navigation services by such technological enhancement in India. With this India becomes the first country in Asia to have satellite-based landing procedure.
- LPV (Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance) permits aircraft guided approaches that are operationally nearly equivalent to Cat-IILS, without the need for ground-based navigational infrastructure.
- The service relies on the availability of GPS and GAGAN Geo Stationary Satellites (GSAT-8, GSAT-10 and GSAT-15), launched by ISRO.
- GAGAN is an Indian Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) jointly developed by AAI and ISRO.
- GAGAN System was certified by DGCA in 2015 for Approach with Vertical Guidance (APV 1) and en-route (RNP 0.1) operations.
- There are only four Space-Based augmentation systems available in the world namely India (GAGAN), US(WAAS) Europe (EGNOS) and Japan (MSAS).
- GAGAN is the first such system developed for India and neighboring countries in the equatorial region.
- AAI in coordination with Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services has implemented GAGAN Message Service (GMS) through which alert messages to fishermen, formers, and disaster affected people will be sent on the occurrence of natural disasters, calamities, such as flood, earthquake etc.
- The additional capabilities of GAGAN are also being explored to utilize it in non-aviation field such as Railways, Surveying, Agriculture, Power sector, Mining etc.
Kwar Hydro Electric Project
⇒ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the investment of Rs.4526.12 crore for 540 Megawatt Kwar Hydro Electric Project located on river Chenab, in Kishtwar district of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
The project will be implemented by M/s Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited a joint venture company between NHPC and JKSPDC with equity contribution of 51% and 49% respectively on 27 April 2022.
- The project shall generate 1975.54 million units in a 90% dependable year.
- The Kwar Hydro Electric Project shall be commissioned with a span of 54 months.
'Enterprise India' Event
⇒ Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Narayan Rane inaugurated the Ministry’s Mega Event: “Enterprise India” under the celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on 27 April 2022.
“Enterprise India” was a series of commemorative entrepreneurship development events and activities organized from 27 April to 27 May 2022 to promote entrepreneurship culture and create awareness about the schemes and initiatives of Ministry of MSME across the country.
The event was aimed at ‘Jan Bhagidari’. Some of the key activities that was included:
Conferences with Industry Associations, organizing Entrepreneurship Awareness Programmes through Field offices, demonstration of Nukkad Nataks in Aspirational Districts, special campaigns on Udyam Registration, launch of MSME Sustainable Zed Certification Scheme, conducting ‘MSME Expedition’ in several States, organising MSME Mega Convention and Exhibition.
Indian Mission in Lithuania
⇒ The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has accorded approval to the opening of a new Indian Mission in Lithuania in 2022.
- Opening of Indian Mission in Lithuania will help expand India’s diplomatic footprint, deepen political relations and strategic cooperation, enable growth of bilateral trade, investment and economic engagements, facilitate stronger people-to-people contacts, allow for more sustained political outreach in multilateral fora. It will also help garner support for India’s foreign policy objectives.
- Indian Mission in Lithuania will also better assist the Indian community and protect their interests.