- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal virtually inaugurated the Phoolbagan Station of Kolkata’s East West Metro corridor on 04th October, 2020. Metro train flagged off from Phoolbagan Station to Salt Lake Sector-V.
- Shri Arjun Munda, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs virtually launched India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace, Tribes India E-Marketplace (market.tribesindia.com) on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti (October 2, 2020).
- The second edition of Bilateral Exercise Bongosagar between Indian Navy (IN)-Bangladesh Navy (BN) was held in Northern Bay of Bengal, on 03rd October, 2020. The Exercise was aimed at developing inter-operability and joint operational skills through conduct of a wide spectrum of maritime exercises and operations.
- India successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable hypersonic missile “Shaurya” on 03 October 2020. The surface-to-surface tactical missile with a strike range of around 1,000 km is capable of carrying payloads of 200 kg to 1000 kg.
It has been test fired from launch complex 4 of the Integrated Test Range in the APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- India successfully flight-tested the indigenously developed “Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo” (SMART) system on 05th October, 2020 from Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha. It is another achievement in country’s maritime strategic capabilities.
- Kayakalpa award for 2019-2020 instituted by the Union Health Ministry has been won by three hospital, name of the hospitals are:
- Emergency and Trauma Care Centre on Victoria Hospital campus
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases
- Ballari District Hospital
The award aims to promote hygiene, cleanliness, and better infection-control practices in hospitals.
Book & Technology:
- India’s first multi-wavelength satellite, AstroSat, has detected extreme-UV (EUV) light from a galaxy, called AUDFs01, 9.3 billion light-years away from Earth. It has been recently published in the journal “Nature Astronomy“.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Nishank Pokhriyal launched a book titled “Health Psychology: Theory, Practice and Research”.
The book is authored by Meena Hariharan, professor of Centre for Health Psychology at University of Hyderabad. The Union Minister said the book integrated Ayurveda, Gita, Psychology and Medical Sciences.
- Air Marshal Vikram Singh took over as Senior Air Staff Officer, Headquarters Western Air Command on 01st October, 2020. He was commissioned into the fighter stream on 21 December 1984.
- In a bid to make a Guinness World Record, Dubai will unveil the world’s largest “Palm fountain” on 22nd October, 2020.
The fountain’s super shooter will be 105-metre tall and have over 3,000 LED lights. The fountain will be located at the Pointe, a lifestyle and dining destination. It will be spread over 14,000 sq ft of sea water. It will have 20 bespoke shows with five different shows running daily between sunset and midnight (7 pm to 12 am).