Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
⇒ BJP Leader, Yogi Adityanath took oath as Uttar Pradesh chief minister for the second term on 25 March 2022 at the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana stadium in Lucknow. Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel administered the oath to Adityanath.
- Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak were also sworn in as deputy chief ministers.
» Adityanath is the 33rd chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. He is the first CM of Uttar Pradesh to win a second successive term after completing a full five-year tenure.
» The BJP-led alliance had won 273 of 403 seats in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls. While the BJP got 255 seats, its allies Nishad Party and the Apna Dal (S) bagged 18.
Offshore Security Exercise, ‘Prasthan’
⇒ An offshore security exercise, ‘Prasthan’ was conducted in the Offshore Development Area (ODA) off Mumbai on 23 March 2022, under the aegis of Headquarters, Western Naval Command.
- The exercise was conducted on the B-193 platform of ONGC located about 38 nm west of Mumbai.
- It is conducted every six months.
Led by the Navy, the exercise saw participation from the Indian Air Force, Coast Guard, ONGC, Mumbai Port Trust, Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust, Customs, state fisheries department, Mercantile Marine Department and the Marine Police.
» Contingencies such as terrorist intrusion, bomb explosion, casualty evacuation, search and rescue, man overboard, major fire, oil spill and mass evacuation were exercised.
This exercise is an important element of ensuring offshore security and aims to integrate efforts of all maritime stakeholders involved in offshore defence.
Ministry of Defence signs contract with M/s Larsen & Toubro Ltd
⇒ Ministry of Defence has signed a contract on 25 March 2022 with M/s Larsen & Toubro Ltd for acquisition of Two Multi-Purpose Vessels (MPVs) for Indian Navy at an overall cost of Rs.887 Crore under “Buy-Indian” Category.
- MPVs will be the first of its kind platform, constructed to provide a cost-effective solution to meet a variety of requirements of Indian Navy.
These vessels will be built by M/s L&T shipyard at Kattupally (Chennai).
- These vessels will perform multi-role support functions such as maritime surveillance & patrol, launching/ recovery of torpedoes and operation of various types of aerial, surface and underwater targets for Gunnery/ ASW firing exercises.
- These vessels would also be capable of towing ships and rendering Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) support with limited hospital ship capability.
- They will also act as trial platform for naval weapons and sensors under development, support platform for ISV & salvage operations, and to provide logistics support for our island territories.
Forbes India Leadership Awards 2021-22
⇒ Union Minister for Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles Shri Piyush Goyal addressed the Forbes India Leadership Awards 2021-22 in Mumbai on 25 March 2022.
Winners of Forbes India Leadership Awards 2022:
- Outstanding Startup: Aman Gupta & Sameer Mehta, boAt
Unique Unicorn of Business:
- GenNext Entrepreneur: Farah Malik Bhanji & Alisha Malik, Metro Brands
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr Prathap Reddy, Apollo Hospitals
- Best Grassroots Philanthropist: Rohini Nilekani, Rohini Nilekani Philanthropist
- Green Warrior: Kuldeep Jain, CleanMax
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Girish Mathrubootham, Freshworks
FE CFO of the Year Awards 2022
⇒ Union Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Public Distribution and Food and Textiles Minister addressed the FE CFO of the Year Awards 2022, of Financial Express, in Mumbai on 25 March 2022.
- The FE CFO of the Year Awards 2022 honours the excellence, best practices and outstanding achievements by India’s leading Chief Financial Officers.
» Shri Goyal handed over the FE CFO Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 to JSW Group’s CFO and Joint MD Shri Seshagiri Rao.
» Shrikanth Venkatachari, Joint CFO, Reliance Industries Limited won the FE CFO of the year award 2022.
- He also handed the awards to twenty eight winners from industry.
Recommendation to celebrate National Dolphin Day
⇒ Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Shri Bhupendra Yadav informed that Standing Committee of the National Board for Wild has recommended to celebrate October 5th as National Dolphin Day every year as a historic step in creating awareness for conservation of Dolphins.
Shri Bhupendra Yadav chaired the 67th meeting of the Standing Committee of the National Board for Wild Life on 25 March 2022.
- Healthy aquatic ecosystems help in maintaining the overall health of the Planet.
- Dolphins act as ideal ecological indicators of a healthy aquatic ecosystem and conservation of the Dolphins will, therefore, benefit the survival of the species and also, the people dependent on the aquatic system for their livelihood.