- The three-day Ports Review Meeting ‘Chintan Baithak’ was held at Dhordo, Kutch (Gujarat) from 21st to 23rd January 2021.
Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (I/C) chaired the review meeting.
In this meeting, Chairpersons of all Major Ports of India and Senior Officials of the ministry was participated in the extensive brainstorming conference to finalise the roadmap of Maritime Vision-2030.
Shrishti Goswami as Uttarakhand CM for a day:
- 20-year-old Shrishti Goswami from Daulatpur village of Haridwar became the one-day chief minister of Uttarakhand, on National Girl Child Day i.e on 24 January 2021.
She is a B. Sc agriculture student at a Roorkee-based institution.
She was chosen for the honour after she was elected chief minister in a Mock “Bal Vidhan Sabha” (Children’s State Assembly) in a symbolic event organised by the state commission, in the year 2018.
Padma Awards 2021:
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has announced the Padma Awards for the year 2021 on the occasion of Republic Day, the President of India has approved conferment of 119 Padma Awards including 1 duo case (in a duo case, the Award is counted as one).
Padma Awards list comprises 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri Awards.
In the awardees list 29 are women, one is transgender, 10 Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI, & 16 posthumous awardees.
Complete List of ‘Padma Awards 2021’
11th Hyderabad Literary Festival 2021:
- The 11th edition of Hyderabad Literary Festival (HLF) 2021 was held from 22nd January to 24th January, 2021.
Legendary poet Gulzar opened the event with renditions from his recently-published anthology: A Poem A Day.
HLF 2021 was organized by “Hyderabad Literary Trust” in association with the Government of Telangana and with the support of several academic, literary, cultural organizations and publishing houses.
“Coal Minister’s Award 2020” to NCL, CCL and WCL:
- Union Minister of Coal & Mines Shri Pralhad Joshi presented “Coal Minister’s Award 2020” to three coal companies of Coal India Ltd. – Northern Coalfields Ltd, Central Coalfields Ltd and Western Coalfields Ltd in a function held in New Delhi on January 21, 2021.
The award has been instituted to promote best and sustainable practices for coal mining in the country.
Union Coal Minister Shri Joshi also launched ‘Project Passion’–the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) of Coal India Ltd (CIL). ERP in Coal India will be implemented it in two phases.
It will help improve business performance and growth of the company with enhanced data integrity.
New Coal Handling Plant:
The Union Coal Minister inaugurated a new Coal Handling Plant (CHP) at Krishnashila Coal Project of NCL. Its having 4 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) coal handling capacity.