Multiple Projects in Amod
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple projects worth over Rs 8000 crore in Amod, Bharuch, Gujarat on 10 October 2022.
Multiple Projects in Amod:
» In yet another step to make India Aatmanirbhar in the pharmaceutical sector, the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of Bulk Drug Park at Jambusar.
- In 2021-22, bulk drugs accounted for over 60% of total pharmaceutical imports. The project will play a key role in ensuring import substitution and helping make India self-reliant for bulk drugs.
» The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone of the Deep Sea Pipeline Project at Dahej, which will help in the disposal of treated wastewater from industrial estates.
» Other projects whose foundation stone was laid by the Prime Minister include Phase 1 of Ankleshwar Airport and the development of Multilevel Industrial Sheds at Ankleshwar and Panoli, which will give a boost to the MSME sector.
» The Prime Minister performed the groundbreaking ceremony for the development of multiple industrial parks.
- These include four Tribal Industrial Parks which will come up in Valia (Bharuch), Amirgadh (Banaskantha), Chakaliya (Dahod) and Vanar (Chhota Udaipur); Agro Food Park at Mudetha (Banaskantha); Sea Food Park at Kakwadi Danti (Valsad); and MSME Park at Khandivav (Mahisagar).
» During the programme, the Prime Minister dedicated several projects which will give a boost to the chemicals sector.
- He dedicated 800 TPD Caustic Soda Plant integrated with a 130 MW cogeneration power plant at Dahej.
- Along with this, he also dedicated the expansion of the existing Caustic Soda Plant at Dahej, whose capacity has been increased from 785 MT/day to 1310 MT/day.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated a project for manufacturing over one lakh MT per annum of Chloromethanes at Dahej.
» Other projects which were dedicated by the Prime Minister include the Hydrazine Hydrate Plant at Dahej which will help in import substitution of the product, IOCL Dahej-Koyali Pipeline Project, Bharuch underground drainage and STP work and widening & strengthening of Umlla Asaa Panetha road.
Phase 1 of Modi Shaikshanik Sankul
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Phase 1 of Modi Shaikshanik Sankul, an educational complex for needy students in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 10 October 2022.
- The project will help provide facilities to students for holistic development.
» Chief Minister of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel, Members of Parliament, C R Patil and Narhari Amin, Minister of Gujarat Government, Jitubhai Vaghani, and President of Modh Vanik Modi Samaj Hitvardhak Trust, Pravinbhai Chimanlal Modi were those present on the occasion among others.
Water Sports Center in Koldam Barmana, Bilaspur
⇒ Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated a Water Sports Center in Koldam Barmana, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, on 09 October 2022.
The Water Sports Centre, the very first of its kind in Himachal Pradesh, has been jointly initiated by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was also exchanged between SAI and NTPC during the event.
» The centre will be dedicated to training athletes in water sports like Rowing, Canoeing and Kayaking.
73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army
⇒ Indian Army celebrated 73rd Raising Day of Territorial Army on 09 October 2022 across the country.
- The Raising Day of Territorial Army is celebrated across the country to commemorate its raising by the first Governor General Shri C Rajagopalachari on this day in 1949.
About Territorial Army:
- The Territorial Army has a number of Infantry and Engineer units affiliated to various regiments of the Indian Army, apart from ‘Home and Hearth’ battalions based on the concept of ‘Sons of Soil’.
- The Territorial Army also has 10 Ecological Battalions working for restoration of environment in the country by carrying out afforestation in rugged and inhospitable terrain, reviving wetlands, restoring water bodies and contributing to Clean Ganga project.
- TA Battalions also perform specialist tasks as part of Indian Railways and Oil Sector Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
Renowned Naga writer and academic Padma Shri Dr Temsula Ao
⇒ Renowned Naga writer and academic Padma Shri Dr Temsula Ao passed away on 09 October 2022 in Dimapur, Nagaland. She was 80.
About Shri Dr Temsula Ao:
- Dr Temsula Ao played a pivotal role in popularising the wonderful Naga culture through her literary works.
- Her book ‘Laburnum For My Head’ received the Sahitya Akademi Award for English writing in the short story category in 2013. Her works have been translated into Assamese, Bengali, French, German, Hindi, and Kannada.
- Dr Ao was awarded the Padma Shri award in 2007 for her contribution to Literature and Education.
- Ao was a famous literary figure in the northeast and also the recipient of the Nagaland Governor’s Award for Distinction in Literature, Meghalaya Governor’s Award for Distinction in Literature, Meghalaya Governor’s Gold Medal.
- She was appointed as the Chairperson of the Nagaland State Commission for Women in 2013.