Multiple Projects in Jamnagar
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple projects worth around Rs 1450 crore related to irrigation, power, water supply and urban infrastructure in Jamnagar, Gujarat on 10 October 2022.
These projects include Kalavad Group Augmentation water supply scheme of Kalavad/Jamnagar Taluka Morbi-Maliya-Jodiya group Augmentation water supply scheme, Lalpur Bypass junction flyover Bridge, Hapa Market Yard Railway Crossing, and the refurbishment of the Sewer Collection pipeline and pumping station.
The Prime Minister dedicated package 7 of Saurashtra Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana Link 3 (from Und Dam to Sonmati Dam), package 5 of SAUNI Yojana Link 1 (from Und-1 dam to SANI Dam) and Haripar 40 MW Solar PV project.
4th Heli-India Summit 2022
⇒ Minister of Civil Aviation, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia inaugurated the 4th Heli-India Summit 2022 at Sher-e-Kashmir International Conference Centre, Srinagar on 10 October 2022.
The theme of the 4th Heli-India Summit was ‘Helicopters for last Mile Connectivity’.
» While inaugurating the summit Shri Scindia said that a civil enclave will be built in Jammu at a cost of Rs 861 crores and the Srinagar’s present terminal will be expanded three times from 20,000 square meters to 60,000 square meters at a cost of Rs 1500 crores.
- The decrease in VAT on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) from 26.5 percent to one percent by the J&K government has set a new dawn for air connectivity in the Union territory with 360 percent increase in refueling, thus increasing the air connectivity to Jammu and Kashmir.
- From 1947 to 2014, the country had only 74 airports, but now the number has increased to 141, with 67 added in last seven years which shows the pace of progress in the Civil Aviation sector.
- The government is committed to increase the number to above 200 in the next few years.
» Shri Scindia further said that Civil Aviation Ministry not only organizes summits but also monitors the progress of ‘Sankalps’ taken from one summit to another.
- During the 3rd Heli-India Summit at Dehradun, the eight Sankalps taken like providing Heli-Sewa Portal, Heli-Disha, Helicopter Accelerator Cell, doing away with the landing & parking charges for helicopter service, creation of specific helicopter corridors, helipads to be given priority while framing DPR for all new highways, upgradation of Juhu airbase to accommodate night operations etc. were taken to their logical end.
- HeliSewa portal is fully online and being used by all operators for obtaining landing permissions to helipads, and it also is creating a database of helipads in the country.
- HeliDisha, the guidance material on helicopter operations for State administration has been distributed to 780 districts.
» Shri scindia said that we have also decided to incubate a HEMS pilot called Project Sanjeevani by deploying a helicopter in the next few weeks to provide emergency medical services at AIIMS Rishikesh.
- The helicopter will be based at the hospital at 20 min notice and will have a service cover to an area of 150 km radius.
- It is the intention of the Govt to expand medical outreach and access to trauma care services to a wider population base across the country using the speed advantage and mobility of helicopters.
- We will use the learnings from Project Sanjeevani to explore the viability of the concept, its benefits, and the attendant risks and later articulate a national policy on HEMS before committing larger resources.
Guidelines on Fractional Ownership Model
» The Minister informed that the guidelines on Fractional Ownership Model have been released to help grow the non-scheduled operations.
- While our scheduled operations are on the fast track and we have increased the fleet size from 400 aeroplanes in 2013 to more than 700 in 2021-22, through these guidelines, we should be able to spur growth in the non-scheduled fleet too.
- Fractional ownership will lower the barrier on the cost of acquisition of helicopters and aeroplanes through pooled capital by multiple owners.
- This will allow companies and individuals to minimise their capital outflow by sharing the purchase cost, reducing their exposure to risks and making it financially easier to run a NSOP business.
- Fractional Ownership Model has the potential to energize the NSOP segment by democratising ownership of aircraft and it can be a key driver to boost the number of aircraft existing in the NSOP industry.
Indian Handicraft Portal
⇒ The office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts) has launched Indian handicraft portal (indian.handicrafts.gov.in).
» The Office of the Development Commissioner (handicrafts) has initiated the process of inviting applications to participate in the marketing events through online portal. This provides fully digitized marketing platform to handicraft artisans.
» Around 200 domestic marketing events are organised annually in different parts of the country with an aim to support the artisans in selling their produce.
- All the eligible artisans can apply online for marketing events through the online portal.
- The online process starting from application to selection and finally stall allotment is completely computerised, without any human interface.
- The online process will provide equal, fair and transparent opportunity to all artisans.
Conference on B20 Indonesia Global Dialogue
⇒ Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) hosted Conference on B20 Indonesia Global Dialogue in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi on 10 October 2022.
The Conference was organised with the aim of aligning the perspectives of Indian industry with the policy recommendations of B20 Indonesia.
- The Conference helped ensure that the Indian perspectives are well represented in the policy recommendation of B20 Indonesia.
More than 20 business delegates from Indonesia attended the conference including Mr. M ArsjadRasjid P.M, Chairman, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN), Ms. ShintaWidjajaKamdani, Chair, B20 Indonesia, apart from H.E. Ina H. Krishnamurthi, Indonesian Ambassador to India attended the Conference.
Dialogues were held on (i)Trade & Investment (ii) Energy, Sustainability & Climate (iii) Digitisation and (iv) Finance and Infrastructure wherein perspectives from B20 Indonesia was followed by perspectives from Indian Industry and Government of India.
» Business 20 (B20), formed in 2010, is the official G20 dialogue forum with the global business community.
- B20 aims to deliver concrete actionable policy recommendations on the priorities by each rotating presidency to spur economic growth and development.
» G 20 is a group of 19 Countries + EU, together representing around 85% of global GDP, 75% of global trade, and 60% of the world’s population.
- The members of the G20 are: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union.
- India holding the Presidency of the G20 from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023.
28th Nehru Under-17 Girls Hockey Tournament
⇒ NCC Girls Hockey Team won the 28th Nehru Under-17 Girls Hockey Tournament.
- NCC Girls Hockey Team beat the Madhya Pradesh women’s Hockey Academy by 6-0 in the final held in New Delhi on 09 October 2022.
» Sakshi Rana of the NCC Girls Hockey Team was adjudged ‘best player of the tournament’ for her outstanding performance throughout the tournament and Tamanna Yadav was declared ‘player of the match’ for scoring three goals in the final.
» The 28th Nehru girls’ hockey tournament was held at the Shivaji Stadium in New Delhi from September 28 to October 9, 2022.
Veteran politician & Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav
⇒ Veteran politician & Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away in Gurugram on 10 October 2022. He was 82.
About Veteran politician Mulayam Singh Yadav:
- During his political career spanning over six decades, he served three times as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (1989, 1993 and 2003), and also served as Defense Minister in the Government of India in 1996.
- He was a seven-time Member of Parliament representing Mainpuri, Azamgarh, Sambhal and Kannauj constituencies in the Lok Sabha.
- He was also a ten-time member of the Legislative Assembly, member of the Legislative Council and the Leader of Opposition for several times as well.