World class education institute for animation and VFX will be established soon
⇒ The Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, Dr. L. Murugan in a meeting with the officials of the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce at Chennai on 08 October 2021 said that the centre is committed to Ease of Doing Business in Film Industry.
The Union Minister also said:
- Ministry of I&B has launched a portal where one can apply for permission to shoot from various departments. This will enable the producers to get permission online to shoot anywhere in India, thus ensuring the Ease of Doing Business.
- A MoU with IIT, Mumbai has been signed to establish a world class education institute for animation and VFX.
- The Government is forming proposed National Centre of Excellence in Animation, VFX, Gaming & Comics project in Mumbai. For the proposed site of NCoE AVGC near Film City – 20 acres land has been allotted by the Government of Maharashtra.
New version of ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumahara’
⇒ Smt Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State for Railways and Textiles dedicated new version of ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumhara’ song to the Nation.
The new version of this song has been prepared by Railway employees and officers. This song has been sung by Railway employees exclusively.
This song was part of the initiatives taken by Ministry of Railways to celebrate 75th anniversary of India’s Independence- Azaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and showcase Indian Railways’ achievements, developments and integration on pan-India basis.
This song is a new version of ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumahara’ which was telecast for the first time on Independence Day 1988.
Genetic Version of Indian rice and chickpea (DNA panArray)
⇒ Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh released the Genetic Version of Indian rice and chickpea (DNA panArray) developed by National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR).
During the release, the union minister said:
- The two DNA chips for rice and chickpea, IndRA and IndiCA are the first Pan-Genome genotyping arrays in these two crops and will tap the huge potential of Indian plant biodiversity and genomic diversity towards food and nutritional security of the Nation.
- India will be within the top 5 countries Globally and be recognized as a Global Bio-manufacturing Hub by 2025.
- India’s Bio-Economy is on way to achieve 150-billion-dollar target from the current 70 billion-dollar to contribute effectively to Prime Minister’s vision of a 5 trillion-dollar economy by 2024-25.
NIPGR First Translational Facility Network for Speed Breeding and High Throughput (HTP) Field Phenotyping:
The Minister also inaugurated “NIPGR First Translational Facility Network for Speed Breeding and High Throughput (HTP) Field Phenotyping” at the campus of Bharat Immunologicals and Biologicals Corporation Limited (BIBCOL), Bulandshahr, UP.
RBI Grants Licence to NARCL
⇒ The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) gave licence to the Rs 6,000 crore National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL), a move that will help kickstart operations of the bad bank.
NARCL was incorporated in July in Mumbai following registration with the Registrar of Companies (RoC). The company has hired P M Nair, a stressed assets expert from the State Bank of India (SBI), as the managing director.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said in the Budget 2021-22:
An Asset Reconstruction Company Limited and Asset Management Company would be set up to consolidate and take over the existing stressed debt.
Mobile Application 'MyPortApp'
⇒ Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shri Sarbanand Sonowal launched a port mobile application called ‘MyPortApp’ in Kolkata on 08 October 2021. The App includes all port details digitally and monitor operations virtually.
Targeted towards Port Users for availing various Port services, the App is aimed to promote transparency and easy access of port related information.
The app also has various information like Vessel Berthing, Rake & Indent, Rake Receipt, Container Status, Tariff, Bills, Port Holidays, etc. and can be accessed anywhere 24×7 and reach out directly to port.
IFC's New Country Head for India
⇒ The International Finance Corporation (IFC), an arm of the World Bank, has appointed Wendy Werner as the new country head for India.
Based in New Delhi, she will focus on growth and diversification of the India portfolio, helping maximize IFC’s impact in the region.
67th National Wildlife Week
⇒ National Wildlife Week is annually celebrated across India between 2nd to 8th October. This year 67th National Wildlife Week was celebrated.
The theme of National Wildlife Week 2021 was “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
The valedictory ceremony of the Wildlife week which was celebrated under the theme ‘संरक्षण का संकल्प – एक जन भागीदारी (a conservation collective)’ was held at National zoological Park Delhi.
- Wildlife Week aims to protect and preserve the flora and fauna of India.
- The first Wildlife Week was observed in 1957.