Prime Minister Dedicated Various Project to the Nation:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the Ramanathapuram-Thoothukudi natural gas pipeline and Gasoline Desulphurisation Unit at Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, Manali on 17 February 2021.
He also laid the foundation stone of Cauvery Basin Refinery at Nagapattinam. It will have a capacity of 9 million metric tonnes per annum. It will be set up through a Joint Venture of IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited) and CPCL (Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited) at an estimated project cost of Rs 31,500 crore.
Rashtrapati Bhavan Krida Sthal:
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Rashtrapati Bhavan Krida Sthal (renovated Football Ground and Basketball Court) in the President’s Estate on February 16, 2021.
On the occasion, an ‘Exhibition Football Match’ was played between the children of My Angels Academy, Vikaspuri, New Delhi – a Trust working for the cause of underprivileged children.
Petrochemical Park project, Kochi:
- Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan laid the foundation stone for the Petrochemical Park project at Ambalamughal in Kochi on 09 February 2021. The park is being implemented under the supervision of Kerala Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (Kinfra).
Chairman of Karnataka Legislative Council:
- JD (S) leader Basavaraj Horat unanimously elected as Chairman of Karnataka Legislative Council on 09 February 2021.
Photographic Society of America’s Gold Award:
- Senior news photographer from Udupi, Astro Mohan has won the Photographic Society of America’s Gold Award. His Photograph captioned “The Halt” depicting several hundred fishing boats docked at the Malpe Fishing Harbour in Udupi has been awarded at the Dhaka International Photo Awards event.
Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index 2021:
- WIPRO, a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, has been named to Corporate Equality Index (CEI) 2021. Wipro scored 95 out of 100, earning perfect marks in multiple categories including workplace protections and inclusive benefits. This is the third time that Wipro has been included in the CEI.
The Index is administered by Human Rights Campaign Foundation. An outstanding 1,142 companies actively participated in the CEI 2021 Survey. Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
110th Anniversary of Corps of Signals of Indian Army:
- The Corps of Signals of Indian Army celebrated its 110th Anniversary by all Signal units in Southern Command, on 15th February, 2021. Since its inception in 1911, the Corps of Signals has played a pivotal role in all operations overcoming all challenges successfully.
- Muthoot Group chairman MG George Muthoot passed away in New Delhi on 5 March 2021. He was 72. He became the MD of company in 1979 & then in 1993, he took over as the chairman of the group.