Association of Indian Universities’ 95th Annual Meet, and National Seminar of Vice-Chancellors
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Association of Indian Universities’ 95th Annual Meet and National Seminar of Vice-Chancellors on 14th April 2021. Association of Indian Universities’ 95th Annual Meet was held for two day, on 14-15 April 2021.
The event was hosted by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad.
Theme of National Seminar:
During the Meet, a National Seminar of Vice-Chancellors on the theme ‘Implementing National Educational Policy-2020 to Transform Higher Education in India’ was also organised.
Book Released by PM Shree Narendra Modi:
On this occasion, PM Narendra Modi also released the four books based on Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar’s life, written by Shri Kishor Makwana:
- Dr. Ambedkar Jivan Darshan,
- Dr. Ambedkar Vyakti Darshan,
- Dr Ambedkar Rashtra Darshan, and
- Dr. Ambedkar Aayam Darshan
Aditya-L1 Support Cell
- A community service centre, Aditya-L1 Support Cell has been set up to bring all data on board India’s first dedicated solar space mission to a single web-based interface.
It is a joint effort of Indian Space Research Organisation and Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences. ARIES facility will host the support centre for Aditya-L1 mission. Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is an autonomous Institute under the Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India in Nainital, Uttarakhand.
The Indian programme to study the Sun and the region between the Sun and the Earth from space – Aditya-L1 – is due to be launched in 2022. Mission Aditya-1 has been revised to Aditya-L1 mission.
The space-based observatory will have seven payloads on board to study the Sun and the region between the Sun and the Earth from space. These payloads have been developed by various institutions across the country.
'Group Editorial Officer' of The Hindu Group
- The Hindu Group Publishing Pvt. Ltd. on 16 April 2021 announced the appointment of Krishna Prasad as its Group Editorial Officer. THGPPL is the publisher of The Hindu, The Hindu Business Line, Frontline and Sportstar.
Raisina Dialogue- 2021
- The 6th Edition of the prestigious Raisina Dialogue, jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation, was held virtually from 13-16 April, 2021.
The theme for the 2021 Edition was “#ViralWorld: Outbreaks, Outliers and Out of Control”.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 13 April 2021 addressed at the Inaugural Session of the Raisina Dialogue in virtual format, along with Chief Guests Mr Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda and Mr Mette Frederiksen, Prime Minister of Denmark.
Lifetime Achievement Award of the 78th Venice International Film Festival
- Oscar-winning Italian director-actor Roberto Benigni has been honoured with the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement of the 78th Venice International Film Festival. The organisers announced the award on 15 April 2021. The director Roberto Benigni is best known for his Holocaust drama ‘Life is Beautiful’.
The 78th Venice International Film Festival is scheduled to be held from 1st to 11th September, 2021.
Knight Frank’s Prime Global Cities Index – Q1 2021 Report
- International Property Consultancy Firm, Knight Frank’s Prime Global Cities Index – Q1 2021 report has been released for 46 Cities on 06 May 2021.
Read More About ‘Prime Global Cities Index–Q1 2021’ Report
First Director of NIMS, Kakarla Subba Rao
- Renowned radiologist and former director of NIMS, Kakarla Subba Rao died on 16 April 2021. He was the first director of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad.
He was conferred with the Padma Shree award in 2000 for rendering services in the medical field.
Former CBI director, Ranjit Sinha
- Former CBI director Ranjit Sinha passed away on 16 April 2021. He was 68. He was a 1974 batch IPS officer of the Bihar cadre.
Tamil Actor, Vivekh
- Popular Tamil actor Vivekh passed away in Chennai on 17 April 2021. He was 59. He worked in popular Tamil films such as Anniyan (Aparichit).