Development of 'New Greenfield Airport' at Dholera, Ahmedabad
⇒ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for development of Phase I of New Greenfield Airport at Dholera, Gujarat at an estimated cost of Rs.1305 crore, to be completed within 48 months.
The project is being implemented by Dholera International Airport Company Limited (DIACL), which is a Joint Venture Company comprising Airports Authority of India (AAI), Government of Gujarat (GoG) and National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust (NICDIT).
- The New Greenfield Airport at Dholera is situated at an aerial distance of 80 Km from Ahmedabad, Airport.
- The Airport is planned for operationalization from the year 2025-26 and initial passenger traffic is estimated to be 3 lakh passengers per annum, expected to grow to 23 lakhs over a period of 20 years.
- The annual cargo traffic is also estimated from the year 2025-26 at 20,000 tonne, which would increase to 2,73,000 tonne over a period of 20 years.
Project Information & Management Module of Single Window Clearance System
⇒ The Ministry of Coal has launched Project Information & Management Module of Single Window Clearance System (SWCS) on 14 June 2022.
While launching the new IT- enabled facility, the Secretary Coal Dr Anil Kumar Jain said that it is an innovative endeavour of the Ministry to create a platform to obtain various clearances for operationalization of coal mines in the country.
- Various statutory provisions are the prerequisite for starting of a coal mine. The project proponents are required to approach different administrative ministries and Government departments separately to apply for the requisite clearances leading to delay in operationalization of coal mines.
- As part of the decision to digitize the clearances, Ministry of Coal has conceptualized a Single Window Clearance System, through which a project proponent can apply for requisite clearances with a single registration interface.
- The portal is proposed to map applications and their respective process flows for grant of all the statutory clearances required (covering Central Ministries as well as State Government departments/agencies) for starting of a Coal Mine.
» This project Information & Management Module caters digital connect between the mine allocattee & Ministry and provides the digital resolution in respect of the respective block.
First service of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav Train
⇒ The first service of the theme-based Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi started its journey on 14 June 2022.
- With this, Southern Railway becomes the first zone in Indian Railways to get the first Registered service provider under the ‘Bharat Gaurav” Scheme and commence the operations of the maiden service from Coimbatore North to Sainagar Shirdi.
- From operation of this Bharat Gaurav train, Southern Railway would get a total fixed revenue of Rs.3.34 crores per annum.
Registered Service Provider:
South Star Rail is the registered service provider that operates this Bharat Gaurav Train from Coimbatore to Shirdi and back. This Coimbatore based company is registered company and it is part of the conglomerate group- Future Gaming & Hotel Services Pvt Limited.
Bharat Gaurav Trains:
- Bharat Gaurav Trains is Union Government initiative under “Dekho Apna Desh” to promote Domestic Tourism.
- Indian Railways had launched the operation of theme-based Bharat Gaurav train in the month of November 2021.
- The objective of this theme is to showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains.
- This scheme also aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme-based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India.
Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II
⇒ A successful training launch of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile, Prithvi-II was carried out on June 15, 2022 from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha.
The missile is a proven system and is capable of striking targets with a very high degree of precision. The user training launch successfully validated all operational and technical parameters of the missile.
First-ever SAI Squash Courts
⇒ Union Minister for External Affairs Dr S Jaishankar and Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the first-ever SAI Squash Courts at the Major Dhyanchand Stadium in New Delhi on 15 June 2022.
- These are the first-ever Squash courts opened by the Sports Authority of India in any centre across the country.
- The foundation stone of the project was laid by former Union Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju back in December 2020.
- The construction of the Squash Courts at Major Dhyanchand stadium was sanctioned at the Governing Body meeting of Sports Authority of India for a total cost of Rs 5.52 crore.
- The National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC), owned by the Government of India, completed the project in New Delhi.
- The complex has seating area for 80 persons, toilets for male, female and disabled persons, tournament room/office room, physiotherapy room, store, reception lobby, maintenance area etc.
- The structure is made by factory finished custom design PEB super structure with ASB system 100 walls approved by world squash federation, having roofing of PUF insulated with lamination.
Global Wind Day 2022
⇒ Global Wind Day is celebrated on 15th June every year to highlight the importance of wind energy.
- It is a day for discovering wind energy, its power and the possibilities it holds to reshape our energy systems, decarbonise our economies and boost jobs and growth.
This year the Global Wind Day revolved around raising awareness among people about the power and prospect of wind energy. It was celebrated across social media platforms with the tagline, ‘We are #InWithWind, are you?’
The first Global Wind Day was announced by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) in 2007. The EWEA joined hands with the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) in 2009 and since then it has been celebrated as a global event.
Celebration in India:
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in collaboration with National Institute of Wind Energy and Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) organized an event to celebrate Global Wind Day 2022 & the Silver Jubilee year of National Institute of Wind Energy in New Delhi.
- Union Minister of New and Renewable Energy Shri R. K. Singh awarded the prizes to the winners of IREDA-NIWE award for the year 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) is the technical focal point for wind energy in India and has contributed through technical support in terms of resources assessment, standards, testing, certification and performance assessment, skill development etc., relating to wind energy.
- This year is also the silver jubilee year for NIWE which was established on 21st March, 1998.