Book on ‘Public Service Ethics’
⇒ The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released book on ‘Public Service Ethics’ written by Shri Prabhat Kumar, former Governor of Jharkhand and former Cabinet Secretary to the Government of India, at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas on 05 December 2021.
Shri Naidu complimented the author of the book, Shri Prabhat Kumar and the publisher IC Centre for Governance for their efforts in bringing out the book.
MyGov Saathis and winners of several MyGov challenge
⇒ Minister of State, Culture, Ms Meenakshi Lekhi, along with Shri Ajay Sawhney, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and others felicitated MyGov Saathis and winners of several MyGov challenge.
» MyGov was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on July 26, 2014.
- Launched as Government of India’s principal online citizen engagement platform which collaborates with multiple Government bodies/ Ministries to engage with citizens for policy formulation and seeks the opinion of people on issues/ topics of public interest and welfare.
For the Swachh Bharat logo, Minister of State, Culture, Ms Meenakshi Lekhi felicitated Anant Gopal Khasbardar during the Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav on Dec 4, 2021.
- Similarly, she lauded Yaseen Haroon Sudesara for the ‘100 cr Vaccination Logo’, Prashant Mishra for ‘Lokpal’, Sai Ram Goud Ediji for the ‘Bamboo Mission Logo’, and Rana Bhaumik for the ‘Digital India’ logo.
MyGov ‘Saathi’ (companions) who actively contributed to MyGov even during the COVID-19 pandemic were also felicitated by Hon’ble Minister of State, Culture, Ms. Meenakshi Lekhi.
- The winners include: Nagara Ju from Jagital, Telangana, Anoop Mishra from Indore, Rushikesh Rajendra Ugale from Nassik, Sanjay Sarkar from Raiganj, and Suthahar P from Chennai.
In other categories:
- Pearlyn Anugraha and Raghuram Balaraman aced the Zoho App Innovation Challenge;
- Jaya Parashar and Shivi Kapil won the Shri Shakti Challenge
- The Indian Language App Innovation challenge was won by Anuradha Agarwal, Pritesh Chothani, and Saurabh Nayak.
- Innovation Challenge on e-waste Management was won by Amit Sharma, and Aruna Kumari
- Drug Discovery Hackathon was won by Dr KaliRajan Rajagopal
- Haptik form MyGov Whatsapp Chatbot was won by Aakrit Vaish
- Apramaya Radhakrishna from Koo and Ankush Sabarwal from Copover were felicitated for winning the MyGov app innovation challenge
- Amit Kothiwala won the ‘Jan Bhagidari’ Innovation Challenge and Yashika Begwani was felicitated for Podcast
National Level Painting Competitions on Energy Conservation
⇒ Ever since 2005, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency has been organizing National Level Painting Competitions on Energy Conservation for school children.
For the year 2021, the theme for the competition was ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav: Energy Efficient India’ and ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav: Cleaner Planet’.
- The State level painting competition was organized from 1st to 10th December 2021 in all 36 States and Union Territories of the country, and it was culminated to a National Level Painting on 12th December 2021 at New Delhi.
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency organizes this competition with active support from Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power.
- The objective of the activity is to promote energy conservation in young minds of the country.
The winners of the National level competition were awarded on the occasion of National Energy Conservation Day, December 14th 2021.
All India EdTech Challenge and Master Class Series 2021-2022
⇒ Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Global EdTech Accelerator – UIncept have joined hands to organise the ‘All India EdTech Challenge and Master Class Series 2021-2022’ for early and advanced stage EdTech founders.
- This initiative is an extension to the Statement of Intent (SoI) signed between NITI Aayog and Amazon Internet Services Private Limited in March, 2021.
Aim of the initiative:
To nurture EdTech companies and startups who are in pre and post minimum viable product stages by identifying potential industry gaps, exploring mergers and acquisitions, talent sourcing and pooling, and decoding venture capital and investor mind-set while exploring industry, academia and government connections.
- The key mentors for the EdTech Challenge and Master Class series include professionals and industry leaders.
The challenge will have two tracks:
- Pre MVP/EdTech Idea- Factory challenge for existing and aspiring EdTech entrepreneurs
- Post MVP Scale Factory Challenge will be aimed to bring existing EdTech entrepreneurs closer to universities, schools, venture capital firms and policymakers, and enable funding opportunities
» This six-month long challenge and master class series will identify EdTech industry gaps and clearly define clear problem statements in the last mile; identify potential pre and post MVP startups to participate in the challenge; conduct focussed sessions on product-market fit, go-to-market strategy, legal, customer discovery, business fundamentals and more; conduct business meetings, expert hours, pitch sessions, demo and pitch days.
57th Raising Day of BSF
⇒ The Border Security Force (BSF) celebrates its Raising Day on 1 December. The 57th Raising Day of BSF was celebrated on 1 December 2021. The BSF was formed on 01 December 1965.
Navy Day in India
⇒ Navy Day in India is observed on December 4 every year to celebrate the role and achievements of the Indian Navy to the country.
The theme of Navy Day 2021 was ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ as a part of commemorating the 50th anniversary of the victory in the 1971 war.
- The day was chosen to commemorate the launch of Operation Trident against Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistan War in 1971.
The Innovation Pavilion, set up at the Navy House on occasion of Navy Day 2021, was inaugurated by Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh on 04 Dec 2021.
The pavilion showcased how Indian Navy has synergised innovation and Indigenisation efforts; and collaborated with Academia and Industry, in keeping with the theme for this year’s Navy Day ‘Indian Navy – Innovating towards Nation Building’, towards larger emphasis on Nation Building whilst keeping its focus on own Self-Reliance.