- Vice President Shri M Venkaiah Naidu virtually launched the “International Satavadhanam” program, on 05 November 2020. It was organized by Dr Medasani Mohan under the auspices of Sri Krishnadevaraya Satsang in Tirupati. ‘Avadhanam’ as a unique literary feat has greatly contributed to the Telugu language’s glorious tradition.
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has launched three initiatives, on November 4, 2020.
These three initiatives are:
- Nurturing Neighborhoods Challenge: A 3-year initiative, it will support cities to develop, pilot, and scale solutions that enhance the quality of life of young children, their caregivers and families in the public realm.
- Data Maturity Assessment Framework Cycle 2: It will support cities in the creation of ‘culture of data’ under the DataSmart Cities initiative of the smart cities Mission.
- An on-line training programme for City Data Officers (CDOs) of 100 Smart Cities: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has partnered with Tata Trusts to launch a six-week guided e-learning course called ‘Enabling Data Driven Decision Making in Urban Local Bodies’.
Prof. A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award:
- Society of Biological Chemists (India) has chosen Dr Susanta Kar for this year’s Prof. A N Bhaduri Memorial Lecture Award. He is Senior Scientist from Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow.
The award has been conferred to recognize the significant contributions towards defining the survival tactics of Leishmania donovani.
Gandhian Young Technological Awards:
- Union Minister of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr Harsh Vardhan gave away Gandhian Young Technological Awards in two categories in New Delhi, on November 05, 2020.
- Students Innovations for Advancement of Research Explorations – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (SITARE-GYTI) Award
- Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technological Innovations-Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (SRISTI-GYTI) Award
Fourteen awards and eleven appreciation awards under SITARE-GYTI, and seven awards and 16 appreciation awards under SRISTI-GYTI were presented.
Official Link to Download Full List of Gandhian Young Technological Awards
- Publishing house Westland announced Actress Sameera Reddy debut book on November 08, 2020. Actress Sameera Reddy will make her debut as an author with a book encouraging women to be comfortable being “#imperfectly perfect” and dealing with issues like body positivity, pregnancy or women’s mental health.
- The 5th Joint Working Group (JWG) on Coal between India and Indonesia held on 05 November, 2020. India successfully hosted this through video conferencing from New Delhi.
- World Adoption Day is a day to lift up all voices in the adoption community, to share your story, to reflect on your adoption journey and to connect with those touched by adoption.
AdoptTogether’s first ever World Adoption Day Virtual Event was held on 08 November 2020. World Adoption Day was celebrated on November 9, 2020 by ‘drawing a smiley face on your hand’.
- The final match of 2020-21 Women’s T20 Challenge between Supernovas & Trailblazers was held at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, on November 9, 2020. For the first time, Trailblazers won the Women’s T20 Challenge champions by 16 runs.
In final match, Player of the match was Smriti Mandhana.
Player of the series was Radha Yadav.
- The host of American TV game show “Jeopardy!”, Alex Trebek has died, on November 8, 2020. He was 80.
- The rare purple frog, ‘Mahabali Frog’ would soon be declared as Kerala’s official amphibian. Mahabali Frog, one of the rarest frog species endemic to the Western Ghats & also known as pignose frog.