4 seminal publications of the Department of Administration Reforms and Public Grievances
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Science & Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched 4 seminal publications of the Department of Administration Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) on 05 August 2022.
The Publications launched are:
- Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure (CSMOP) 2022
- Impact Evaluation Report of the Initiative for Increasing Efficiency in Decision Making in the Central Secretariat 2022
- Swachhta Assessment Report 2022
- CPGRAMS Monthly Report July 2022
Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure 2022:
» The Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure 2022 is the 16th Edition of the CSMOP first published in 1955 to enable the march to a digital central secretariat.
- The 16th Edition incorporates the Administrative Reforms ushered in the Central Secretariat under the initiatives for increasing efficiency in Government and under the Special Campaign for Disposal of Pending Matters.
- The 16th Edition has focused on the 4 pronged approach of Delayering, Delegation, Operationalization of Desk Officer System, Digitization of Central Registration Units and Implementation of e-Office ver 7.0 as part of the silent transformation under way in the context of “Maximum Governance–Minimum Government”.
» The Impact Evaluation Report on Initiatives for Increasing Efficiency in Decision Making in Central Secretariat 2022 highlights the following success stories:
- 891 percent increase in Digital Receipts in Central Registration Units, Ministries/ Departments are equipped with high duty scanners to digitize all receipts.
- Delayering with Review of Levels of Disposal and Channels of Submission undertaken in 95 percent Ministries/ Departments. The successful implementation of delayering has resulted in flatter and agile organizational structure of the Ministries/ Departments by reducing the channels of submission.
- Delegation of Financial powers undertaken in 90 percent Ministries/ Departments. Financial powers vested in the Ministry/ Department have been delegated to the Head of Department (JS level) and Head of the Office (US level) for incurring contingency/ miscellaneous expenditure.
- E-Office successfully implemented in all Ministries/ Departments, 33 Ministries/ Departments have been further upgraded to e-Office ver 7.0.
Swachhta Assessment Report 2022:
» The Swachhta Assessment Report 2022 has highlighted that the Swachhta Campaign has resulted in holistic process improvement in disposal of pending matters by Central Ministries/ Departments with focus on cleanliness process adoption. The Swachhta Campaign activities are implemented on a regular basis in all Ministries/ Departments for 3 hours/ week.
CPGRAMS Monthly Report:
» The CPGRAMS Monthly Report, is a unique initiative to present a comprehensive analysis on types and categories of public grievances in Government of India and nature of disposal along with relative performance of Ministries/ Departments.
- The CPGRAMS Monthly Report says that 68576 PG cases were redressed in July 2022 along with 8539 appeals.
- The CPGRAMS Monthly Report contains the Grievance Redressal Index which ranks Ministries/ Departments on the overall quality and timely disposal of grievances.
- For the month of July 2022, Department of Land Resources, Department of Public Enterprises and Department of Expenditure are the top performers in the Grievance Redressal Index for July 2022.
INS Sumedha visits Port Tanjung Benoa
⇒ As part of the Indian Navy’s Long-Range Deployment in the South Eastern Indian Ocean, INS Sumedha, visited to Port Tanjung Benoa, Bali, from 04 August to 06 August 2022.
The visit to Bali was aimed at strengthening bilateral ties, enhancing military cooperation and improving interoperability with the Indonesian Navy.
Maritime Partnership Exercise:
Prior to entering Bali, the ship undertook a Maritime Partnership Exercise with KRI Sultan Hasanuddin, a Sigma class corvette of the Indonesian Navy on 02 August 2022.
- The exercise which included seamanship evolutions, tactical manoeuvres and communication procedures provided an opportunity for sharing professional experiences and strengthening maritime cooperation between the two navies.
About INS Sumedha:
- INS Sumedha is an indigenously built Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel and is deployed for multiple roles independently and in support of fleet operations.
- She is part of the Indian Navy’s Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam and functions under the operational command of the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command.
Highest civilian honour of Ladakh
⇒ Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama was honoured with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award, the highest civilian honour of Ladakh. Dalai Lama was honoured for his immense contribution to humanity, especially towards the union territory.
The sixth award was conferred by Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), Leh which celebrated the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ with great fervour on the occasion of its foundation day at Sindhu Ghat.
- The ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ marks the celebration of the remarkable contribution and achievement of the heroes of Ladakh and seeks to instil a sense of pride in the younger generation.
First Flight of Akasa Air
⇒ Minister of Civil Aviation Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia and Minister of State for Civil Aviation Gen (Retd) V.K Singh inaugurated the First Flight of Akasa Air (QP1101) from Mumbai to Ahmedabad virtually on 07 August 2022.
About Akasa Air:
- Akasa Air is the 7th schedule airline with brand name of SNV Aviation having Corporate Headquarters at Mumbai with Boeing Max – 8 aircraft.
- Akasa Air plans to be a low-cost carrier with single fleet and all economy seats.
- Akasa Air is planning to expand its activities to 72 aircrafts in next five years which will significantly enhance the domestic aviation services in India.
National Handloom Day
⇒ National Handloom Day is celebrated every year in India on 7 August.
This year, 8th National Handloom Day was celebrated across the country in all the Weaver Service Centres, Clusters and Handloom Pockets, NIFT campuses and offices of National Handloom Development Corporation, etc.
- The National Handloom Day is celebrated across the country under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles.
The theme of National Handloom Day 2022 was “Handloom, an Indian legacy”.
The National Handloom Day is celebrated to honour the handloom weaving community and to highlight the contribution of the community in various sectors of the country, including rural employment.
- In 2015, the Government of India decided to designate the 7th August every year, as the National Handloom Day.
- The first National Handloom Day was inaugurated on 7 August 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Chennai.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi declared August 7 as the National Handloom Day to commemorate the Swadeshi movement that began in 1905 on the same day and to revive this ancient Indian art.