Commemorative Postage Stamp on the occasion of Golden Jubilee of PIN Code
⇒ The Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan has released Commemorative Postage Stamp on the occasion of Golden Jubilee of PIN Code, in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 12 October 2022.
- He also launched the e-Passbook which is a feature for the account holders of Post Office Saving Schemes (POSB) schemes.
‘PLI Mobile Training App’:
‘PLI Mobile Training App’ was also launched by the Minister which will not only provide online training but also facilitate conducting of online licentiate examination.
- This App contains training material in audio/visual mode and also a book which is a handy compilation of training material.
- A Postal Index Number (PIN) or PIN code refers to a six-digit code in the Indian postal code system used by India Post.
- The PIN system was introduced on 15 August 1972 by Shriram Bhikaji Velankar, an additional secretary in the Government of India’s Ministry of Communications.
President of India to Visits Tripura
⇒ The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu, inaugurated Tripura State Judicial Academy and laid the foundation stone for Tripura National Law University at Narsingarh, Agartala on October 12, 2022.
» In another function, the President virtually inaugurated an MLA Hostel at Capital Complex, Agartala.
- She also laid foundation stones for Maharaja Birendra Kishore Manikya Museum & Cultural Centre, IIIT-Agartala, and various projects of Government of Tripura related to roads, schools and hostels for students from Rabindra Satabarshiki Bhawan, Agartala.
Addressing the gathering at Rabindra Satabarshiki Bhawan, the President said that India has become the 5th largest economy in the world. The North Eastern Region, including Tripura, will play an important role in making India a five trillion-dollar economy by 2025.
» The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu visited Tripura and Assam from October 12 to 14, 2022.
President of India to Visits Assam
⇒ The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu virtually inaugurated/laid the foundations stones for various projects of Union Ministries of Electronics & Information Technology and Health and Family Welfare and Government of Assam at IIT Guwahati on October 13, 2022.
Details of projects:
» The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu, inaugurated Supercomputer facility Param-Kamrupa and laboratory for the design and development of high power microwave components at IIT Guwahati.
» She also inaugurated the Medical College and Hospital at Dhubri and laid the foundation stones for two Zonal Institutes of National Institute of Virology (NIV) at–
(i) Dibrugarh, Assam and (ii) Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
» The President flaged off, from Agartala Railway Station, the special extension of Guwahati-Kolkata-Guwahati train upto Agartala and extension of Agartala-Jiribam-Agartala Jan Shatabdi Express upto Khongsang, Manipur.
7th edition of IBSAMAR, a joint multinational maritime exercise
⇒ The 7th edition of IBSAMAR, a joint multinational maritime exercise, among the Indian, Brazilian and South Africa navies was held at Port Gqeberha (also known as Port Elizabeth), South Africa from 10 to 12 October 2022.
- The Indian Navy was represented by the Teg class guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and the personnel from the Marine Commando Force (MARCOS).
» The exercise progressed over three days that included both harbour and sea phases.
As part of harbour phase on 10 and 11 October 2022:
The harbour phase of IBSAMAR VII includes professional exchanges such as damage control and fire-fighting drills, VBSS/cross boarding lectures and interaction among special forces.
The sea phase of was held on 12 October 22 covering a broad spectrum of maritime operations.
The objectives of the exercise included strengthening maritime relations, promoting joint operational military training, combating maritime crimes, securing Sea Lines of Communication and enhancing interoperability to pursue common evolutions at sea.
» The previous edition of IBSAMAR (IBSAMAR VI) was conducted off Simons Town, South Africa from 01 to 13 October 2018.
29th Foundation Day of NHRC
⇒ The National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, India, organized a function to celebrate its 29th Foundation Day, at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi on 12th October, 2022.
- The National Human Rights Commission of India is a statutory public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993.
- The statute under which it is established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993 as amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006.
- The NHRC, India holds ‘A’ status accreditation with the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions, Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) since 1999, besides, being a founder Member of the Asia Pacific Forum (APF) since 1996.