⇒ Union Minister for Culture, Tourism & DONER Shri G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the three-day North-East festival called ‘Ishan Manthan’ atthe Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in New Delhi.
The three-day event provided an opportunity to get acquainted with the culture, art, music, folk dances, handicrafts and traditional cuisines of Northeast India in the premises of the Kala Kendra near the Western Court from March 25th to 27th, 2022.
The audience-listeners enjoyed various cultural programmes and bought the handicrafts, garments and other items direct from the artisans of northeast.
MATLAB on I-STEM National Portal
⇒ For the first time in the country, academic users in India will be able to access the MATLAB software suite at no cost through the Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map (I-STEM) portal.
- I-STEM is an initiative of Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (PSA, GoI) under the aegis of Prime Minister Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- The software suite is hosted on the cloud server of I-STEM to provide user friendly access from anywhere in India.
- MATLAB is a proprietary multi-paradigm programming language and numeric computing environment developed by the MathWorks.
- MATLAB, used by more than 4 million users globally, allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages.
9th edition of India-Seychelles Joint Training Exercise LAMITIYE-2022
⇒ The 9th Joint Military Exercise LAMITIYE-2022 between the Indian Army and Seychelles Defence Forces (SDF) was conducted from 22 March to 31 March, 2022 at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA), Seychelles.
- The Indian Army contingent comprised troops from the 2/3 GORKHA RIFLES group (PIRKANTHI Battalion).
- The 10 days long joint exercise included field training exercises, combat discussions, lectures, demonstrations and culminate with a two days validation exercise.
- The exercise focused on enhancing interoperability for developing the capability to undertake joint operations in a semi urban environment apart from providing a platform for professional and cultural learning which in-turn broadened their cooperation aiming towards co-existence in the Indo-Pacific Region.
- The themes chosen for the Joint Training Exercise were both relevant and contemporary for planning & execution of operations based on scenarios in a Semi-Urban environment.
- The exercise strengthened mutual confidence, inter-operability and enabled sharing of best practices between the Armed Forces.
- Exercise LAMITIYE-2022 is a biennial training event which is being conducted in Seychelles since 2001.
- The objective of the joint training exercise is to build and promote bilateral military relations in addition to exchanging skills, experiences and good practices between both the armies.
Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Maritime Exercise 2022
⇒ The maiden edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX-22) was conducted at Goa and in Arabian Sea from 26 March to 30 March 2022.
The aim of the exercise was to enhance interoperability in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations among member navies.
IMEX–22 comprised two phases:
- Harbour Phase at Marmugao port, Goa from 26 to 27 March 2022.
- Sea Phase in the Arabian Sea from 28 to 30 March 2022.
The exercise witnessed participation of 15 out of the 25 member nations of IONS.
22 Observers from 15 IONS member navies, namely Australia, Bangladesh, France, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Oman, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UAE and UK also participated in the exercise.
» The participation included warships, Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft and helicopters from the Navies of Bangladesh, France, India and Iran.
» The participants validated the IONS HADR guidelines and developed response mechanisms for providing HADR from sea to shore as well as for rendering assistance to ships and crafts in distress at sea.
- The Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) has been established in 2007.
- IONS is a premier forum for cooperation and collaboration among navies of littoral states of the Indian Ocean Region.
- The forum has enabled discussions on regional maritime issues, promoted friendly relationships, and significantly improved maritime security cooperation in the Indian Ocean Region.
Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (U-21)
⇒ Pritam Siwach Hockey Academy, Sonepat won the Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (U-21) title after defeating Sports Hostel Bhubaneswar 5-0 in the final at the Sports Authority of India National Centre of Excellence in Lucknow on 30 March 2022.
- It was jointly organized by Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Hockey India.
» The first phase of the tournament was launched at the Major Dhyanchand Stadium in New Delhi, last December. The second phase of the tournament was also held at SAI Lucknow.