'EatSmart Cities Challenge', and 'Transport 4 All Challenge'
- Shri Hardeep S Puri, MoS (I/C), Housing and Urban Affairs launched the ‘EatSmart Cities Challenge’ and ‘Transport 4 All Challenge’ at an online event on 15 April 2021.
EatSmart Cities Challenge:
The ‘Eat Right India’ movement has initiated by FSSAI under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
It aims to inspire Smart Cities to develop a plan that supports a healthy, safe and sustainable food environment supported by institutional, physical, social, and economic infrastructure along with the application of ‘smart’ solutions to combat food related issues.
At the end of first phase of the challenge, 11 cities will be selected to be deeply involved for an extended period to implement their vision.
Transport 4 All (T4All) Challenge:
The ‘Transport 4 All challenge’ has been launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in collaboration with ITDP (Institute for Transportation and Development Policy).
It aims to develop digital solutions that will make public transport safe, affordable, comfortable, and reliable for all.
The Transport4All through Digital Innovation Challenge comprises three stages:
- Stage I- Problem Identification
- Stage II- Solution Generation
- Stage III- Pilot Testing
World's 1st affordable and long-lasting hygiene product 'DuroKea Series'
- Union Minister of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched “World first affordable and long-lasting hygiene product DuroKea Series”. It has been developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad researchers.
Researcher from IIT Hyderabad led Dr Jyotsnendu Giri, Associate Professor in Biomedical Engineering and founder EaffoCare Innovation Pvt Ltd incubating at iTIC, IIT Hyderabad has developed innovative DuroKea long-lasting technologies to combat COVID-19 virus spreading.
This next generation’ ‘DuroKea antimicrobial technology’ kills 99.99% of germs instantly, and leaves behind the long-lasting protective nanoscale coating up to 35 days till next wash.
Manipur State Annual Action Plan under Jal Jeevan Mission
- Manipur State presented its Annual Action Plan under Jal Jeevan Mission before the committee of the Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti on 16 April 2021.
Manipur has around 4.51 lakh rural households, out of which 2.27 lakh households have tap water supply, as on 31st March 2021. Despite Covid- 19 pandemic, the state provided 1.96 lakh new tap water connections in 2020-21.
The State has planned for 100% saturation by 2021-22 under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) by providing tap water connections to remaining 2.25 lakh households.
Amazon Sambhav online Summit 2021
- Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (I/C) Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space addressed at ‘Amazon Sambhav online Summit 2021’.
The second edition of annual summit for small and medium enterprises, ‘Amazon Sambhav Summit 2021’ was held from 15 April to 18 April, 2021.
The four-day virtual summit was held on the theme- ‘Unlocking Infinite Possibilities for India’.
During Smbhav 2021, Amazon announced 3 new initiatives:
- $250 Million Amazon Smbhav Venture fund
- Spotlight North East Initiative
- Enable 1 Million Local Shops on Amazon by 2025
- In the Summit, 60,000+ small businesses and enterpreneurs attended the Amazon Smbhav Summit 2021 and partnered with Amazon.
World Earth Day 2021
- Since 1970, World Earth day is observed every year on April 22. The earth day is celebrated to create awareness about pollution and protection of environment of the earth.
The theme of the world Earth Day 2021 was ‘Restore Our Earth’.
The earth day was focused on the adoption of natural processes and emerging eco-friendly technologies, to restore the ecosystem.
Earth Day was founded by American senator Gaylord Nelson for environmental education.
Former US Vice President, Walter Mondale
- Former US Vice President Walter Mondale died on 19 April 2021. He was 93.
Mondale served as Vice-President under US President Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.