3rd National Water Awards & Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain campaign 2022
⇒ The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the 3rd National Water Awards on March 29, 2022 in New Delhi.
- The States of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu have got the first, second and third prizes respectively in the Best State category.
- The National Water Awards have been instituted by the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain campaign 2022:
The President also launched the Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain campaign 2022 during the event.
» Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain Campaign 2022 is being implemented for the period from 29 March, 2022. Catch the Rain campaign will continue to be implemented this year till 30th November 2022.
- On 22nd March 2022, the Prime Minister of India launched the “Catch the Rain, where it falls, when it falls” campaign.
» In Jal Shakti Abhiyan: Catch the Rain 2022, some new features which have been added are spring shed development, protection of water catchment areas, gender mainstreaming in water sector.
- Gender mainstreaming is expected to promote the role of women in water governance/conservation & management.
7th India Water Week-2022:
The First Information Brochure of the 7th edition of India’s International Water Resources Event India Water Week -2022, was also released by the Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat along with others. It is planned to be organized from 1-5 November, 2022 at India Expo Centre, Greater Noida.
The 7th India Water Week-2022 brings together experts, planners, innovators and stakeholders across the globe, focusing on themes and Sub-themes of the conference.
The theme of the 7th IWW is “Water Security for Sustainable Development with Equity”.
'Temple 360’ website
⇒ Minister of State, Culture & External Affairs, Smt Meenakshi Lekhi inaugurated the ‘Temple 360’ website on the occasion of Nav Varsha on 02 April 2022.
The website ‘Temple 360’ was launched during an event organized by Ministry of Culture at IGNCA Ampitheatre, Indira Gandhi National Centre of Arts, New Delhi under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The temple 360 is digital platform where anyone can visit or do darshan of 12 Jyotirlinga and Char Dham from any location.
- Temple 360 is a website where one can visit a temple of their choice, anytime and from anywhere from India.
- With the help of this website, one can digitally witness the magnificence of some of the most pious Hindu pilgrimages that exist.
- The website also allows a devotee to perform e-aarti and several other services.
Anjuman-I-Islam’s UPSC Academy
⇒ Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated Anjuman-I-Islam’s UPSC Academy (AIUPSC), a Residential Coaching Programme for Civil Services and other Government Examinations, in Mumbai on 02 April 2022.
- Meant specially for students and candidates belonging to the Muslim community, the programme has been motivated by the success stories of Muslim students hailing from disadvantaged sections of the society.
Set up by:
The programme has been set up by the management of Anjuman-I-Islam and is funded by Central Waqf Commission, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- The AIUPSC Residential Coaching Centre has been set up at Anjuman-I-Islam’s Kalsekar Technical Campus, New Panvel, Mumbai.
The vision of the coaching centre is to evolve into offering a comprehensive set of programmes, keeping in view emerging trends of other coaching centres established by Haj House, Jamia Millia, AMU and other professional coaching centres across the country.
ITU's vice-chair of Standing Committee on Administration and Management
⇒ The Council meetings of the International Telecommunication Union were held at Geneva from 21st March to 31st March, 2022.
During the Council meetings, ITU has announced the appointment of Ms Aprajita Sharma, an IP&TAF Service officer as the vice-chair of Standing Committee on Administration and Management.
- She will remain as vice chairperson of Council Standing Committee for the years 2023 and 2024 and it’s chairperson for the years 2025 and 2026.
» India has secured a leadership position in Council Standing Committee on Administration and Management of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) as an Indian official has been appointed as vice chairperson for the same.
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication.
- The ITU is governed by the Plenipotentiary Conference and the Administrative Council.
- The Plenipotentiary Conference is the supreme organ of the Union. It is the decision-making body which determines the direction of the Union and its activities.