- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) have appointed Shri Sunil Sethi, a leading personality in the Indian fashion industry, as its advisor for a period of one year.
He will advise the Commission on latest design interventions in the readymade garments segment as well as promotion of Khadi in India and abroad.
- National Medical Commission (NMC) was constituted. The notification regarding this was issued late last night on the 24th September, 2020.
With the coming into effect of the NMC Act from 25th September, 2020, the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 stands repealed.
Dr S C Sharma (retd. Prof, ENT, AIIMS, Delhi) has been selected as the Chairperson for a period of three years.
- The 14th edition of NFDC Film Bazaar Online 2020 which was scheduled to be held on November 20-24, alongside the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2020 has been postponed to 16th-21st January, 2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Film Bazaar is the largest South Asian film market, which is held every year at the Marriott Resort, Goa, India, between 20th and 24th November.
- Films Division, Ministry of Information Broadcasting is organizing “Gandhi Filmotsav”.
“Gandhi Filmotsav” online film festival, as part of the grand finale of two years celebration of Gandhiji’s 150th Birth Anniversary, is streaming animation film from 26th September to 2nd October, 2020.
- A webinar & Expo between India and Israel was held on 24th September, 2020. The theme of webinar was “Indian Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnership: Webinar and Expo”. It was organized under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through SIDM (Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers).
The webinar was attended by more than 300 delegates and 90 virtual exhibition stalls had been set up for the Expo. During the webinar, Kalyani Group and Rafael Advanced Defence Systems signed a MoU.
- The 4th edition of India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise JIMEX, which is conducted biennially between the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) was held in North Arabian Sea from 26 to 28 September 2020.
JIMEX 20 was for three days & it will further enhance the cooperation and mutual confidence between the two navies.
- A webinar & Expo between India and Cambodia was held on 25th September, 2020. The theme of webinar was “Indian Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnership: Webinar and Expo”. It was organized under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence through SIDM (Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers).
The webinar was attended by more than 200 delegates and 100 virtual exhibition stalls had been set up in the Expo.
- United Nations Summit on Biodiversity was held at General Assembly hall, UN headquarters in New York on 30 September 2020. The theme of summit was “Urgent action on biodiversity for sustainable development.”
- A new mobile app has been developed to identify snakes and obtain various information about them, named “Snake Lens”. The app was developed by MVR Snake Park and Zoo, Parassinikkadavu, Kerala, in association with a start-up Larus AL and a co-operative IT company.
- ICC rankings was released on 02 Oct 2020, Indian women’s cricket team rise to third spot in the T20 International standings & retained the second position in the ODI chart. Australia and England retained the first & second positions respectively in T20s.
- Honda will withdraw from Formula One at the end of the 2021 season. This announcement was made citing environmental initiatives on 02 Oct 2020; Honda has decided to strive for the “realization of carbon neutrality by 2050″.
- Veteran Bharatanatyam dancer, guru and founder of Hyderabad-based Sri Rama Nataka Niketan, V.S. Ramamoorthy passed away in Hyderabad on 02 Oct 2020. He was 100.
- Indian Bank’s former CMD M Gopalakrishnan died due to age related ailments in Chennai on 01 Oct 2020. He was 86.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and Union Minister for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Narendra Singh Tomar jointly inaugurated the Kinfra Mega Food Park. This is the Kerala’s first mega food park in palakkad, began functioning on 01 Oct 2020.