Western Dedicated Freight Corridor:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the 306 Km Rewari-Madar Section of the ‘Western Dedicated Freight Corridor‘ (WDFC), on 7th January 2021.
During the event, the Prime Minister also flagged off the 1.5 km long container train from New Ateli to New Kishangarh, the world’s first double stack long haul operated by electric traction.
Rewari-Madar Section of WDFC:
It is situated in Haryana and Rajasthan.
In Haryana: Approx 79 Km, in Mahendragarh and Rewari districts
In Rajasthan: Approx 227 Km, in Jaipur, Ajmer, Sikar, Nagaur and Alwar districts
Double Stack Long Haul Container Train Operation:
It has an enhanced axle load of 25 tons. It has been designed for DFCCIL by RDSO’s wagon department.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt of India is organizing Udyog Manthan.
It is being held from January 4, 2021 to March 2, 2021. Minister for Commerce and Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal will chair the session on 6 January 2021.
This is a marathon of focused sector-specific webinars for promoting Quality and Productivity in Indian Industry in association with Quality Council of India, National Productivity Council, and Industry bodies.
Udyog Manthan will identify challenges and opportunities; will draw attention to solutions and best practices.
- Andhra Pradesh Governor Biswabhusan Harichandan administered the oath of office and secrecy to Justice Arup Kumar Goswami as Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court at Vijayawada on January 06, 2021.
- Tamil writer A Madhavan passed away on January 5, 2021 due to age related illness. He was 87.
He was conferred with Sahitya Akademi Award in 2015, for his collection of essays Ilakkiya Chuvadukal.
- Former Australian tennis coach Bob Brett has died on 5 January 2021. He was 67.
Bob Brett worked with Grand Slam champions such as Johan Kriek, Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic and Marin Cilic.
He was the recipient of Tim Gullikson Career Coach Award in the 2020 ATP Awards.