National Consultation on Opportunities and Challenges for Bamboo in India:
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar addressed the inaugural session of ‘National Consultation on Opportunities and Challenges for Bamboo in India’, on 25 February 2021.
The two day long Manthan on Bamboo sector was jointly organized by National Bamboo Mission, NITI AAYOG & Invest India.
Speaking at inaugural session, Union Minister said commercially important bamboos have been planted in an area of 15000 hectares in the last 3 years. To ensure Quality Planting Materials supply to the farmers, 329 nurseries were set up under the mission. The National Bamboo Mission has set up 79 bamboo markets. These activities can be seen as pilot projects to establish a model of the bamboo-based local economy.
Integrated Bamboo Treatment Plant' near Guwahati:
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh on 25 February 2021 inaugurated the latest technology ‘Integrated Bamboo Treatment Plant’ near Guwahati.
The plant is located in the premises of North East Cane and Bamboo Development Council (NECBDC), Assam.
Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar- 2020:
- The executive board of Sahitya Akademi selected the 21 writers for ‘Bal Sahitya Puraskar- 2020’, on 12th March 2021. Award in Malayalam, Sanskrit & Tamil will be declared later. Read More About Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar- 2020
16th FICCI Higher Education Summit 2021:
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ delivered the inaugural address at the ’16th FICCI Higher Education Summit 2021′, on 25 February 2021.
The 16th FICCI Higher Education Summit 2021, a Global Conference & Exhibition, was held from 25th February to 27th February, 2021.
The 16th edition of FICCI higher Education Summit was organised virtually by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in collaboration with Ministry of Education and Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
The theme of the summit was ‘Higher Education @ 2030: R.I.S.E. – Resilience. Innovation. Sustainability. Enterprise.’
During the Inaugural session FICCI- EY report ‘Higher Education in India: Vision 2040’ was also released.
City Innovation Exchange (CiX) Platform:
- The City Innovation Exchange (CiX) platform was launched by Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on 25 February 2021.
The platform will be a significant addition to the growing innovation ecosystem of India and focuses on fostering innovative practices in cities.
The City Innovation Exchange (CiX) will connect cities to innovators across the national ecosystem to design innovative solutions for their pressing challenges.
6th edition of International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Sector:
- The 6th edition of International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector i.e. INDIA PHARMA 2021 & INDIA MEDICAL DEVICE 2021 was held from 25-26th February, 2021 & 1-2 March, 2021.
It was organized by FICCI along with Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India, and Invest India. Read More About ‘Global Investors meet: India Pharma 2021’ & ‘India Medical Devices 2021’
2nd edition of Global Bio-India:
- The 2nd edition of Global Bio-India was organised from 1-3 March 2021 on digital platform.
The theme for this year was “Transforming lives” and tag line “Biosciences to Bioeconomy”.
It aims to showcase the strength and opportunities of the India’s biotechnology sector at national level and to the global community.
In the Global Bio-India 2021, representatives from over 50 countries was participated, with Switzerland was the partner country, and Karnataka as its state partner.