JITO Connect 2022
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of Jain International Trade Organisation’s ‘JITO Connect 2022’ on 6th May 2022.
- ‘JITO Connect 2022’ was a three-day event organized at Gangadham Annex, Pune from 6th to 8th May 2022.
- It included multiple sessions on diverse issues related to business and economy.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister noted the spirit of ‘Sabka Prayas’ in the theme of programme and said the world is considering India’s development resolutions as a means of achieving its goals.
- Be it global peace, global prosperity, solutions related to global challenges or strengthening of the global supply chain, the world is looking toward India with great confidence.
- Jain International Trade Organisation (JITO) is a global organisation connecting Jains worldwide.
- JITO Connect is an endeavour to help business and industry by providing an avenue for mutual networking and personal interactions.
14th Conference of Central Council of Health & Family Welfare
⇒ Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya presided over the 14th Conference of Central Council of Health & Family Welfare, named as “Swasthya Chintan Shivir”, at Kevadia, Gujarat on 05 May 2022.
- The Central Council of Health & Family Welfare is an apex advisory body of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
» Health Ministers and Lieutenant Governor of 19 States and UTs participated in the 3-day conference.
The objective of the three-day conference was to review the implementation of policies and programmes relating to medical and public health sectors and to recommend ways and means for better implementation of these policies/programmes for benefit of the common people.
» On the occasion of Chintan Shivir, the Union Health Minister released the National Report of the 5th round of National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5) and the Rural Health Statistics Publication for year 2020-21.
» The NQAS (Net Quality Assurance Standards) portal of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis portal was launched at the event.
National Report of the 5th round of National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5)
⇒ Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya released the National Report of the 5th round of National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5) at the ‘Swasthya Chintan Shivir’ held at Vadodara, Gujarat on 05 May 2022.
- NFHS-6 is scheduled to be conducted during 2023-24.
- The report comprises of detailed information on key domains of population, health and family welfare and associated domains like- characteristics of the population; fertility; family planning; infant and child mortality; maternal and child health; nutrition and anaemia; morbidity and healthcare; women’s empowerment etc.
- The main objective of successive rounds of the NFHS has been to provide reliable and comparable data relating to health and family welfare and other emerging areas in India.
- The NFHS-5 survey work has been conducted in around 6.37 lakh sample households from 707 districts (as on March, 2017) of the country from 28 States and 8 UTs.
- It covers 7,24,115 women and 1,01,839 men to provide dis-aggregated estimates up to district level.
- The national report also provides data by socio-economic and other background characteristics; useful for policy formulation and effective programme implementation.
- The scope of NFHS-5 was expanded by adding new dimensions such as death registration, pre-school education, expanded domains of child immunization, components of micro-nutrients to children, menstrual hygiene, frequency of alcohol and tobacco use etc.
Key results from NFHS-5 National Report: Progress from NFHS-4 (2015-16) to NFHS-5 (2019-21)
- The Total Fertility Rates, an average number of children per women, has further declined from 2.2 to 2.0 at the national level between NFHS-4 & 5. There are only five States in India, which are above replacement level of fertility of 2.1. They are Bihar (2.98), Meghalaya (2.91), Uttar Pradesh (2.35), Jharkhand (2.26) Manipur (2.17).
- Overall Contraceptive Prevalence Rate (CPR) has increased substantially from 54% to 67% in the country.
- The proportion of pregnant women who had an ANC visit in the first trimester increased from 59 to 70 percent between NFHS-4 and NFHS-5.
- Institutional Births have increased substantially from 79 percent to 89 percent in India.
- In NFHS-5, more than three-fourths (77%) children age 12-23 months were fully immunized, compared with 62 percent in NFHS-4.
- The level of stunting among children under 5 years has marginally declined from 38 to 36 percent for India since the last four years.
Official link: Read Full Report
Bilateral meeting of Prime Minister of India with Prime Minister of Denmark
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi held a bilateral meeting with the Prime Minister of Denmark, Ms. Mette Frederiksen on 03 May 2022.
India-Denmark Business Forum in Copenhagen:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi jointly participated with Prime Minister of Denmark, Ms Mette Frederiksen, and HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, in the India- Denmark Business Forum at the Confederation of Danish Industry.
- Both Prime Ministers reviewed progress of the India-Denmark Green Strategic Partnership.
- Discussions covered cooperation in renewable energy, especially offshore wind energy and green hydrogen, as well as skill development, health, shipping, water and the Arctic, among others.
- Both leaders lauded the expanding people to people ties between the two countries, and welcomed the Declaration of Intent on a migration and mobility partnership.
List of agreements signed/announced during the visit of Prime Minister to Denmark:
- Declaration of Intent on Migration and Mobility
- Letter of Intent between Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, GOI and Ministry of Business, Industry and Financial Affairs of Denmark on Centre of Excellence in Green Shipping
- Cultural Exchange Programme between the Ministry of Culture, GoI and Ministry of Culture of Denmark for the years 2022-2026
- Letter of Intent of between Ministry of Jal Shakti and Ministry of Environment of Denmark
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Skill Development, Vocational Education and Entrepreneurship
- Joint Declaration of Intent on Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Launch of Energy Policy Dialogue at Ministerial level
- India to join as mission partner to ICARS (International Centre for Anti-Microbial Resistance Solution)
- Letter of Intent between Invest India and Technical University of Denmark to facilitate start-up collaboration
Official Link: India–Denmark Joint Statement
India chosen as first Country of Honour ever at Cannes Film Market
⇒ India was the official ‘Country of Honour’ at the Marche’ Du Film, organized alongside the 75th edition of Cannes Film Festival, in France. India was also a ‘Country of Honour’ at the Cannes Next.
» The Marché du Film is the business counterpart of the Cannes Film Festival and one of the largest film markets in the world.