5 NIELIT Centres in North eastern Region
⇒ Shri. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics & IT, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was in Nagaland on a 3 days’ official visit, starting from the 4th May, 2022.
On 6th May, the MoS inaugurated 5 National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) Centres in North eastern Region from Dimapur for skill enhancement of the educated youth.
- These Centres are located at Dibrugarh & Jorhat (Assam), Passighat (Arunachal Pradesh), Dimapur (Nagaland), Senapati (Manipur).
Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar also launched the NECB2.0 project, for capacity building and training in digital skill sets and current industry demanding technologies for various sections of society in the north eastern states.
- The project is funded by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt of India.
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) is the Implementing agency, through its centers at Agartala, Aizwal, Gangtok Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Kohima & Shillong.
» The Minister last visited Nagaland in September 2021, when he inaugurated a Software Technology Park at Kohima & 5 NIELIT Centres in the North East Region including one at Churachandpur, Tuibong, Manipur, Aizawl of Mizoram and Kokrajhar and Tejpur of Assam.
'Kisan Bhagidari, Prathmikta Hamari’ campaign
⇒ Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare organized the ‘Kisan Bhagidari, Prathmikta Hamari’ campaign from 25th to 30th April, 2022 under ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ in association of various other Ministries/ Departments of Government of India.
- During the campaign, Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare organized countrywide programs at regional level for farmers.
Various programs during the campaign:
» The Department of Agriculture Research and Education organised a Krishi Mela at each Krishi Vigyan Kendra and field exhibition on natural farming.
» Ministry of Rural Development organized a webinar on ‘Farm Livelihood Strategy’ under “Kisan Bhagidari Prathamikta Hamari” campaign.
- A Discourse on agro ecological and livestock practices were held under DAY-NRLM along with Ministry of Rural Development.
» During the week a webinar on One District One Product (ODOP) was held by the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
» During the week Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying organised One District One Product based workshop, webinar and awareness programmes about various schemes of the Departments.
» A National Atma Nirbhar Bharat Conclave of 75 selected farmers and entrepreneurs was also organised.
» Government of India conducted ‘Fasal Bima Pathshala’ under ‘Kisan Bhagidari Prathmikta Campaign’ during the period from 25th April to 1st May 2022 as a Jan Bhagidari movement under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The aim of the Campaign was to make the farmers aware about key scheme aspects of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- The special programme was attended by more than 1 crore farmers from various locations across the country.
» Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers welfare through National Bee Board (NBB) has conducted a National Conclave on “Wild and Forest Honey” with collaboration of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED).
» Ministry of Food Processing Industries organised ‘Food Processing Week 2.0’ from 25th to 30th April, 2022 under ‘Kisan Bhagidari, Prathmikta Hamari’ Campaign by Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- In this direction, Union Minister for M/o Food Processing Industries, Shri Pashupati Kumar Paras virtually inaugurated 75 (seventy-five) food processing projects of Central Sector Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana today in New Delhi.
- The total cost of these projects is about Rs.1238 crores, and the Ministry has provided financial support through grant of Rs.309 crores for these projects.
Cultural programme, Mukti-matrika
⇒ The Minister of Home Affairs and Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah attended a cultural programme, Mukti-matrika (‘Freedom as Mother’), organized by Ministry of Culture at the Victoria Memorial Hall, Kolkata on 06 May 2022.
- The event was organised as part of ongoing celebration of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The cultural programme was organized in the backdrop of UNESCO inscription of the Durga Puja of Bengal in the list of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, and Centenary Year celebration of Victoria Memorial Hall in 2021-22.
» The term Mukti-matrika conjures up the perennial image of a mother, even the Divine Mother, but its symbolism goes much beyond that and encompasses the idea of ‘mukti’ or freedom / independence / liberation, as well as the idea of ‘matrika’, an icon in which a land or a nation can be imagined.
4th edition of the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the 4th edition of the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure on 04 May 2022.
- The 4th edition of ICDRI was organized in a hybrid format in New Delhi from 4-6 May 2022.
» International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) 2022 was engaged with decision-makers, practitioners and communities from across the world to discuss challenges, identify good practices, develop collaboration and galvanize concrete actions.
» This included multi-sectoral and multi-country discussions around infrastructure transitions, risk governance and finance, innovation and human-centered, ecologically sensitive design for building resilience.
» Policy, regional, sectoral and thematic forums led by global experts along with a space for networking opportunities constituted the structure of the conference.
- The International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI) is the annual conference of the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI).
- It brings together member countries, organizations and institutions to strengthen the global discourse on disaster and climate resilient infrastructure.
- In 2018 and 2019, the first and second International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure took place in New Delhi, India. ICDRI 2021 was hosted virtually.
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched CDRI at the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit in New York City, USA on 23 September 2019.
- The CDRI Secretariat is in New Delhi, India.
- As of April 2021, 30 members, consisting of 23 national governments and 7 organizations have joined CDRI.
- CDRI aims to enable the achievement of objectives of expanding universal access to basic services and enabling prosperity as enshrined in the Sustainable Development Goals, while also working at the intersection of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the Paris Climate Agreement.