- Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on 11 November 2020 launched “Project Air Care” in the Gurugram district. Under this proejct, 65 Wind Augmentation Air Purifying Units (WAYU) will be installed across the district. They will be installed and maintained by Indian Pollution Control Association. The air purification project is the result of a public-private partnership between the Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) and GSK Consumer Healthcare.
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank announced the Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System to be set up at IIT Kharagpur, on 06 November 2020.
He also inaugurated the international webinar titled “Bharata Tirtha”, held from 06 November to 08 November 2020. The webinar was organized by the IIT Kharagpur.
- 3rd edition of Deccan Dialogue will be held on a virtual platform on November 16, 2020. The Indian School of Business will be the host of Dialogue, in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The theme of the dialogue will be “Crisis and Cooperation-Indispensable in the Pandemic Era”. It will focus on Healthcare Diplomacy and on Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects in Varanasi on 9th November 2020 via video conferencing. The total cost implication of these projects is Rs 614 crores.
The projects inaugurated includes Sarnath Light and Sound show, upgradation of Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital Ramnagar, sewerage related works, infrastructure facilities for protection and conservation of cows, multipurpose seed storehouse, agriculture produce warehouse of 100 MT, IPDS phase 2, a housing complex for players in Sampurnanand Stadium, Varanasi city smart lighting work, along with 105 Anganwadi Kendras and 102 Gau Ashray Kendras.
Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for projects including the redevelopment of Dashashwamedh Ghat and Khidkiya Ghat, barracks for PAC police force, redevelopment of certain wards of Kashi, parking facility along with redevelopment of park in Beniya Bagh, upgradation of the multi-purpose hall in Girija Devi Sanskritik Sankul, repair work of roads in the city and development of tourist places.
Chennai International Film Festival:
- Due to coronavirus pandemic, Chennai International Film Festival (CIFF) will not happen in December 2020. It has been rescheduled to February 2021. CIFF is the biggest film festival in Tamil Nadu.
- President-elect, Joe Biden has chosen his longtime adviser Ron Klain as chief of staff.
- According to report released by Moody’s Investors Service on November 12, 2020, India’s GDP forecast for the calendar year 2020 has been revised to -8.9 percent. Earlier it was forecasted to -9.6 percent.
Similarly, India’s GDP forecast for the calendar year 2021 has been revised upwards to 8.6 percent from 8.1 percent projected earlier.
- Google Photos is ending free unlimited storage benefit and its free quota will be limited to 15GB after that it start charging for the storage space of your photos and videos. The new change will come into effect on June 1, 2021.
- Uttarakhand celebrated Statehood Day on 9 November.
- A Jesuit priest and author Father Carlos Gonzalvez Valles SJ has died in Madrid, Spain, on November 9, 2020. He was 95. He was also known as Father Valles. He was born in Spain but he lived in India for nearly five decades. He wrote extensively in Gujarati and on mathematics.
He was a recipient of the Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak, the highest award in Gujarati literature, in 1978.