- During the one-day special session of Jharkhand Assembly on 11 November, 2020, Chief Minister Hemant Soren tabled the proposal of ‘Sarna Code’. Jharkhand Assembly passed a resolution for the provision of a separate ‘Sarna Code’ for tribals, with a voice vote. The resolution will seek a special column for followers of the ‘Sarna’ religion in the ‘Census 2021’.
‘Sarna’ followers are nature worshippers who do not consider themselves Hindus and have been fighting for a separate religious identity for decades. At present, they are not classified as a separate religious entity.
- On November 7, 2020, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Sirius, Russia, launched ‘AIM-Sirius Innovation Programme 3.0’. This is a 14-day virtual programme for Indian and Russian school children. The programme started from 7 November & it will end on 21 November 2020.
The first Indo-Russian bilateral youth innovation initiative, the AIM-Sirius programme seeks to develop technological solutions (both web and mobile based) for the two countries.
During two-week programme, 48 students and 16 educators and mentors will create 8 virtual products and mobile applications. It will address global challenges in various fields such as culture, distance education, applied cognitive science, health and well-being, sports, fitness, games training, chemistry, artificial intelligence and digital financial assets in the wake of the covid-19 pandemic.
33rd Guwahati Book Fair:
- The 33rd Guwahati Book Fair by the state-run Publication Board Assam will begin from December 30, 2020 & it will end on January 10, 2021. The 12-day book fair will be held at the playground of Assam Engineering Institute, Publication Board. It was originally scheduled to take place from March 14 to 25 but was postponed due to corona virus pandemic.
2020 Winter Fiesta:
- National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) Summer Fiesta 2020 had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic but National Centre for the Performing Arts has offered 2020 Winter Fiesta Online Festival from November 16 to November 21, 2020. Participants from the age group of 3 to 20 years are allowed to participate in the Winter Fiesta workshops.
Local and national talent conduct the workshops at the festival shows a wide array of different skills, from acting, public speaking, dance, music, to writing.
- International Court of Justice, United Nations judicial organ elected Judges from different countries Japan, China, Germany, Slovakia, and Uganda on November 12, 2020. Julia Sebutinde of Uganda, Xue Hanqin of China, Yuji Iwasawa of Japan and Peter Tomka of Slovakia has been re-elected. Georg Nolte of Germany has been elected as new judge.
Five judges are elected to the International Court of Justice every three years by majority vote in both the United Nations General Assembly and United Nations Security Council.
- The Wrestling World Championships was scheduled to be held in Belgrade, Serbia from December 12 to December 20, 2020. United World Wrestling has decided to call off the 2020 Wrestling World Championships on November 10, 2020. The United World Wrestling is planning to organize an “Individual World Cup” as substitute event.
- Former President of Ghana, Jerry Rawlings has died in Accra on November 12, 2020. He was 73.
- Japanese astrophysicist, & Professor at the University of Tokyo, Masatoshi Koshiba has died at a Tokyo hospital, on November 12, 2020. He was 94. He was the co-winner of the 2002 Nobel Prize in physics. He got the prize for confirming the existence of elementary particles called neutrinos.